3.21 to 4.anything, but how?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Here you go dude ... another link so you can see that you can use 9.25" in the front

https://www.rigidaxle.com/pages/chrysler-9-25-front-2003-on

just because you can't do the work yourself doesn't mean others are not doing it ... no back pedaling here ... solid non steering or steering ...what ever is in these trucks now ...again fact is they are doing it

...go ahead and and try to make me look completely stupid lol ... I am showing you exactly what they are using to make this diff conversion to be able to add 4.88s to the front of the Ram 1500s ... the fact your bipolar self can't do the work doesn't mean others can ... which means you have to pay a good hefty price to do it but they are doing it

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you’re replacing the front end with that from a 2500+ why not use one from a newer rather than from and older one?

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here you go dude ... another link so you can see that you can use 9.25" in the front

https://www.rigidaxle.com/pages/chrysler-9-25-front-2003-on

just because you can't do the work yourself doesn't mean others are not doing it ... no back pedaling here ... solid non steering or steering ...what ever is in these trucks now ...again fact is they are doing it

...go ahead and and try to make me look completely stupid lol ... I am showing you exactly what they are using to make this diff conversion to be able to add 4.88s to the front of the Ram 1500s ... the fact your bipolar self can't do the work doesn't mean others can ... which means you have to pay a good hefty price to do it but they are doing it

That I believe is for the MEGA CAB 1500 which used the HD Chassis and with the front solid axle. There also was an 1500 HD IFS somewhere in those years but unsure of it's SPECs.

According to your profile your truck is a 2wd so there could be confusion for readers on fronts and rears and some of the anomalies that Chrysler had in the Daimler years.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just because you can't do the work yourself doesn't mean others are not doing it

Still waiting to see a picture of a 1500 with a 9.25 front diff. Just searched Google for 30 minutes and came up with nothing... lol...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Still waiting to see a picture of a 1500 with a 9.25 front diff. Just searched Google for 30 minutes and came up with nothing... lol...

First of all I never told you I would provide you with a picture of a 1500 with a 9.25 front diff did I ? .... 2nd go try your bs with someone else ... I already explained what people are doing to get the 4.88s in their 1500s ... whether you want to admit or not that I tried to get you guys to see that 4.88s can actually be installed on 1500s it is happening ....

I knew exactly what you were doing with your new front end you just got and I asked you why not go with 4.88s ... Both Nitro and Revolution as well as the shop I got my gears done at said it can be done and I explain to you both how it is being done ... I don't work on gears or diffs so I have no clue how they go all about it but one thing I do know is that is being done ....

And just because you haven't seen pictures on google with 1500s with a 9.25 doesn't mean they are not out there .... as a matter of fact a few trucks at SEMA had 4.88s when I went about 5 years ago and some of those trucks were Ram 1500s lifted on 12 and 14 inch lifts with 40s and 42s .... as long as you have the money and the right people to do the work it gets done ...

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now you talk about custom SEMA truck , This is getting better by the day.

Seriously dude just stop it. We know your cool with your 4.88 and that my 4.56 will be subpar and I will regret it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Now you talk about custom SEMA truck , This is getting better by the day.

Seriously dude just stop it. We know your cool with your 4.88 and that my 4.56 will be subpar and I will regret it.

Calm down there cowboy ... I never said I am cooler with my 4.88s ... or that you are subpar in any way ....

This has nothing to do with being cool or better than yours or hers .... I simply asked "YOU" why not 4.88s because if you want 37s what all the shops here in my area recommend and are "able" to do is install 4.88s ...

The fact not neither you or Wild One agree with me is fine ... but facts are people are installing 4.88s on their 1500s and it has nothing to do with knowing more than you , me or anyone else .... these shops here have the ability to do what you want to your truck ....

I wanted 4.56s for my truck and people on these very forums if you look back a few months said 4.88s would be the better choice .... that is one reason "I" chose to go with a 2wd because of the previous threads already talking about how hard it was to regear a 4x4 1500 ...

That you were insulted when I asked you why not 4.88s and you answered with only 4.56s is what you found and were told is available without being told or being aware that you can still add 4.88s is failure on your part more than likely ... I simply am passing along information and facts about shops here in my area .... take it as simple discussion and information of sorts or take it how ever you want that is now on you ....

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Not everyone is going to drive to California to let your boys turn a 1500 into a 2500 front drive 9.25 AAM diff.........I'm sure the cost would more than double that of the 8.0 IFS mod & most don't do the 8.0 diff because of the cost.
Easy to say when you have a 2wd & you have spent less than most with a gear install.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Not everyone is going to drive to California to let your boys turn a 1500 into a 2500 front drive 9.25 AAM diff.........I'm sure the cost would more than double that of the 8.0 IFS mod & most don't do the 8.0 diff because of the cost.
Easy to say when you have a 2wd & you have spent less than most with a gear install.

The only 1500 i've ever seen with the 2500's front end under it,actually started out with a wrecked 2500 and a good 1500, the guy swapped the 1500's cab/fenders/box etc. onto the 2500's frame,but he was doing it to get a cheap Cummins truck,it just happened to also give him the heavier diffs,whether i'd call it a 1500 afterwards probably not,but i think he did register/insure it using the 1500's vin number.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funwrecker