4/6 to 5/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torque77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This might have been beat to death, I may have not worded everything correctly. I don't know. I did search though. I bought a 4/6 drop for my 2013 4 door Hemi RAM 2WD. Even as I finished up the kit I really regret not getting the 5" lowering arms instead. It was suggested to me to cut the factory springs to achieve another inch. My concern is the factory spring sagging over time. Can I install specific 1" drop springs instead? Or should I scratch the entire plan and just part with the dough for the 5" arms?

Thanks for the input.

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This might have been beat to death, I may have not worded everything correctly. I don't know. I did search though. I bought a 4/6 drop for my 2013 4 door Hemi RAM 2WD. Even as I finished up the kit I really regret not getting the 5" lowering arms instead. It was suggested to me to cut the factory springs to achieve another inch. My concern is the factory spring sagging over time. Can I install specific 1" drop springs instead? Or should I scratch the entire plan and just part with the dough for the 5" arms?

Thanks for the input.
It is cheaper to buy a set of springs than another set of control arms. I didn't know Inez sold 5" drop arms. I suggest you drive it for a while and make sure you are not rubbing or bottoming out often. With the 5" drop I and many others are constantly rubbing and wearing through the fender liners

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 4/6 IHR kit on mine. I too wanted lower than 4 in the front. When I first installed mine I had the stock tires (33" tall) and wasn't ready to replace the tires. IHR suggested I install 1" spring spacers so I didn't rub. Instead I spent a lot of time modifying the inner fenders wells. Started with getting rid of the cups in the top of the liners which is about 1.5 inches. I had to relocate some of the upper screws and left the lower ones. The fender liner is stretched up on the top and gives more clearance. A little harder to install but it worked well. Still rubbed so I moved the brackets up that they bolt to about 3/4". Passenger side is easy as it is the support for the air box. Just drilled new holes where they bolt on the top and cut the bottom ones off. The air box still fits with some work. The drivers side is not so easy because it is the support for the battery and power box. Ended up with spacers where they bolt to the top of the fenders and brackets for the lower. I also bent over the pinch weld that is by the top rear of the tire on both sides. Lots of trial and error but No rubbing!
I now have 285/50-20 tires (31" tall) so I cut the front springs 1/8 of a turn for a 1/2" drop. I now have a 4.5/7 drop and don't rub at all! Ride is really the same and I could go a full 5" but I like the 4.5 with my tires.
I think it has more to do with what your tire diameter is but a 5" will probably rub if your tire is anywhere close to the fender lip without modification. If you have a tire that is closer to 29" you may be ok.

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crown Suspension makes a front spring 1'' lowering springs for our trucks. Truck be 5/7 now. Cut another coil in the rear. I don't think you have to buy their 5'' drop control arms. I think the guys at Moes Performance lowered their truck that way. Was going to go this route, but I use my truck everyday. I'm happy with 4/6.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates on not needing those control arms to go 5” front drop?