48re lost gears post rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

q5ka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Cummins
My trans lost the ability to shift out of first gear and with 130k miles I figured rebuild it. Bought a rebuild kit from cascade transmission (super rebuild kit with exedy friction), transgo shift kit, bd pressor governor 605 kit (with both pieces).

Opened up the trans and found the front band anchor had broke (hence the issue) but everything looked decent but used. Cleaned it all up. Followed the ATSG manual to swapped it all out seals and friction parts. Replaced the anchor with a new hardened steel part. Followed the directions for the valve body kit. installed the BD parts. Put it all back together using lots of assembly goo since it came with the kit. Nothing indicated any issues and it went together as expected. No left over parts either. Pressure checked all fluid passages and it all seemed to work as expected. Closed it all up as it appeared all was good. I put the trans back in the truck, set the shift linkage, and filled fluid to minimum while cold and kept added with truck running in neutral to full range. Everything was going great. Temps looked good, no leaks, fluid was showing expected temp on gauge.

So I shift from neutral to drive. Nothing. Well crap... Well try reverse, nothing. Try 2,1slide the shifter up and down fast because mad... nothing. Hook up pressure gauge to line, reverse, front ports and pressures all look good as reverse had expected pressures when in reverse, and line had great pressure in drive. Searches didn't have great results.

So please tell me what did I do wrong? How do I have proper pressure at test ports yet the trans does not seem to have any gears? What am I overlooking?