4th Gen Official Timeslip/Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Who was driving--you or the "boss"? Pretty good light! LOL
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Who was driving--you or the "boss"? Pretty good light! LOL
Jay

Was me on that run Jay,and i thought i sucked on that light,i figure a good light has a 0 after the dot,lol. I have a video of her beating up on a 6 speed Hellcat,but it's to big to get on here.The actual highlight of the night was her car being in a music video they were filming at the track that night,she's still on a bit of a high from that,lol

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
I prefer tractor pulls. I did do some track time on motorcycles in the late 80's

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A new record was set on 1-9-21 at Baytown Tx. by Kyle Tingle. His 4th Gen RCSB N/A 5.7 went 10.94 in the 1/4. He is the first in that configuration to ever break into the 10-second range. I'll try to post a video of his run if I can figure out how to do it---LOL. There were also 4 or 5 other 4th Gen trucks racing that day, all equipped with Moe's Performance parts, running in the low 11's. It seems Moe's definitely has the formula to make these trucks run fast.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
A new record was set on 1-9-21 at Baytown Tx. by Kyle Tingle. His 4th Gen RCSB N/A 5.7 went 10.94 in the 1/4. He is the first in that configuration to ever break into the 10-second range. I'll try to post a video of his run if I can figure out how to do it---LOL. There were also 4 or 5 other 4th Gen trucks racing that day, all equipped with Moe's Performance parts, running in the low 11's. It seems Moe's definitely has the formula to make these trucks run fast.
Jay

Isn't Kyle's truck running Jays cam,and Craigs/Thietek heads and a one off Circle D convertor Jay.You should also give credit to Kyle and Stuarts business Gauge Performance.
Kyle and Jason have definitely put in alot of blood/sweat and tears getting these things running that fast naturally aspirated? Matt / Moe's has definitely got a handle on making his customers trucks run that's for sure,but i think you should also give Kyles business Gauge Performance a fair mention to.Kyle even gets a mention in RacerX's video,lol

1320 VS Shaker Scatpack ... The epic REMATCH! Plus.. my hellcat goes for the record - YouTube

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kyle, Stuart, and Gauge Performance, and also Jason have done an excellent job. They have put together a package that is on top of the fastest list for N/A. I did not intend to slight them in any way by my comments. Kyle and Jason and I are friends and I congratulated Kyle as soon as he got back to the pits. It was quite a milestone for these 4th Gen trucks!!! I'm glad I was there to see it.
Jay

Rick--thanks for keeping me balanced!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Kyle, Stuart, and Gauge Performance, and also Jason have done an excellent job. They have put together a package that is on top of the fastest list for N/A. I did not intend to slight them in any way by my comments. Kyle and Jason and I are friends and I congratulated Kyle as soon as he got back to the pits. It was quite a milestone for these 4th Gen trucks!!! I'm glad I was there to see it.
Jay

Rick--thanks for keeping me balanced!

LOL crap i could see Kyle's ******** eating grin from here. One of these days i'm gonna have to get down there and meet you guys in person.Everybody knows everybody off facebook,but still want to meet a few of you guys in person. Jay you're probably number 1 actually,lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Come on down!!!!!!! Try to make it before they put us in a home somewhere---LOL
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Come on down!!!!!!! Try to make it before they put us in a home somewhere---LOL
Jay

A couple of us had thought about it,then covid hit.The guy with the trailer big enough to get 3 trucks on,has sold his truck,and is looking at a toy Camaro,so i'm not sure if the trip will ever happen now Jay

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How are you locking the rear? The 3:21 rear is an open diff. I know that I had it hook up some times and blow loose others with stock tire when I put mine on the track and ran 15.063 at 93mph (she was in normal running weight with my gear and all in her and my fat A55 in the seat so she is just under 6000lbs)

The 3.21 can be had in a factory LSD diff.My 4X4 was an original 3.21 geared truck with the 44-44 T-case and LSD.

IMG_4049 (2).JPG

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On 2-7-2021 Sam Reagan, in a 4th Gen Ram RCSW, set the national record for 5.7 N/A Hemi's running a 10.82 at 122mph. He set the record at Baytown, Texas. Congrats to Sam for breaking a record that has stood for 8 or 9 years. He is now the fastest car or truck with a Hemi 5.7 N/A.
Jay

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rick Spillman also had a great day on 2-7-21. He ran a personal best of 10.97 at 120mph in his 4th gen N/A RCSW truck. Rick also cut a .019 light on that run. Rick is the third racer to run in the 10's in these 4th gen trucks. Congrats to Rick on a great day.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Rick Spillman also had a great day on 2-7-21. He ran a personal best of 10.97 at 120mph in his 4th gen N/A RCSW truck. Rick also cut a .019 light on that run. Rick is the third racer to run in the 10's in these 4th gen trucks. Congrats to Rick on a great day.
Jay

Those 3 trucks have more invested in their cylinder heads then i paid for my truck brand new Jay,lol. Good show for them though,they are keeping the 5.0 coyote's working hard to stay ahead of the hemi,lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think this just might be the beginning. I know a few other guys that have the same basic set up that are starting to make the final tweeks and I bet one of these days we'll have a few more guys in the 10's. The mid and low 11's are getting to be like the 12's about a year ago. I guess the old saying is true, "If you can't run with the big dogs, get back on the porch". One thing will never change though---"going fast costs money so just how fast do you wanna go?????" LOL
Jay