4th Gen Setup opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lolleaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI v8
I currently have a stock 2017 ram 1500 slt quadcab with the HEMI,(2WD sadly) and have some general questions about doing stuff to the truck. I first off want to level the truck because I hate how it sags. Anyone got a recommendation on a leveling kit? or what inch leveling kit would be best for the wheel and tire setup I want to run? I personally just want to keep stock wheels and get some 33" Mud grapps on stocks, but I haven't seen anyone with a similar setup so far. If anyone has any recommendations or opinions I WANT TO HEAR THEM! I just want a decent setup and to be sitting pretty..Happy Holidays Yall

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At least you dont have to worry about CV axle angles!
Do you want to improve your handling or just the look?

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just get some leveling spacers for the front. In my opinion bilstein 5100s are too stiff for daily drivers and you dont need the full range of motion if you dont off road. Spacers are also the cheapest and quickest to install option, I also dont think it looks good to go any higher with 33s. Any higher and you gotta go bigger tire or it looks wierd.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here is some food for thought: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/rough-country-2-coilovers-installed.160920/

Rough country has bad rap on this site, but if installed correctly, it is a nice ugrade to stock suspension and will not cost you thousand bucks or more. I have had it for 40k and been pretty happy with it for everyday driving and occasionally venturing on logging roads.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As long as you stay away from rust country youll be good !

Get some 5100s

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I currently have a stock 2017 ram 1500 slt quadcab with the HEMI,(2WD sadly) and have some general questions about doing stuff to the truck. I first off want to level the truck because I hate how it sags. Anyone got a recommendation on a leveling kit? or what inch leveling kit would be best for the wheel and tire setup I want to run? I personally just want to keep stock wheels and get some 33" Mud grapps on stocks, but I haven't seen anyone with a similar setup so far. If anyone has any recommendations or opinions I WANT TO HEAR THEM! I just want a decent setup and to be sitting pretty..Happy Holidays Yall

Check out maxtrax on their 4.5" spindle lift. Sounds like would fit the bill.

Might need spacers depending on the backspacing for the front wheels

ChadEX500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 SLT Regular Cab with the MaxTrac 4.5" lift spindles and I can't recommend it enough. Well worth the money.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
@DILLIGAF which part of my post is so funny? Just wondering...