5th Gen Wet Carpet - No Drain tubes? [Pic]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So after a heavy rain, I noticed that my carpet under the rubber mats is wet. I don't have the sunroof and everywhere else in the floor is dry. I was hoping it was just from me getting in and out of the truck during rain weather because the wetness is isolated around the little clip for the rubber floor mat to lock in.

Was looking on here and guys have pictures of their drain tubes in their door jams. Went to look at mine to see if they are properly sealed and realized I just have circular rubber seals without a plug. Does anyone have this setup?

IMG_3720.jpg

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So after a heavy rain, I noticed that my carpet under the rubber mats is wet. I don't have the sunroof and everywhere else in the floor is dry. I was hoping it was just from me getting in and out of the truck during rain weather because the wetness is isolated around the little clip for the rubber floor mat to lock in.

Was looking on here and guys have pictures of their drain tubes in their door jams. Went to look at mine to see if they are properly sealed and realized I just have circular rubber seals without a plug. Does anyone have this setup?

View attachment 152700
Theo2019 I have my truck at the Dealer As i am writing you this.Dodge seems to have a apparent Defect possibly with a weld in the firewall and also along where the door Jam meets the Rocker Panel on the Drivers side.Dodge has been working on my truck since January 2nd trying to first find the apparent leak and then trying to remedy it..As of Thursday I was informed that they first located the firewall leak and have since found the Rocker Panel leak and Dodge according to the Dealership has begun a case number. I'm hopeful they will fix the issue because I Love my New Ram but because this was a purchase and not a lease I feel a little uneasy because if they missed one weld or have a bad seam what is gonna happen in the future? Take your truck to the dealer and make sure they fix it!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Theo2019

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Theo2019 I have my truck at the Dealer As i am writing you this.Dodge seems to have a apparent Defect possibly with a weld in the firewall and also along where the door Jam meets the Rocker Panel on the Drivers side.Dodge has been working on my truck since January 2nd trying to first find the apparent leak and then trying to remedy it..As of Thursday I was informed that they first located the firewall leak and have since found the Rocker Panel leak and Dodge according to the Dealership has begun a case number. I'm hopeful they will fix the issue because I Love my New Ram but because this was a purchase and not a lease I feel a little uneasy because if they missed one weld or have a bad seam what is gonna happen in the future? Take your truck to the dealer and make sure they fix it!!

SOB that’s probably what’s going on with me. If they can’t fix it or offer a replacement then I’ll have use lemon law I guess.

OP
OP
Theo2019

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@Johnny P, please post what resulted from your dealer when you can. Greatly appreciate it!

tdeperte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That rubber plug is where the sunroof drain tube would be IF you had a sunroof.

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No sunroof in mine learned my lesson its 2019 and these car companies still cannot build a vehicle without a leaky sunroof or Drain tubes. I will never again purchase a vehicle with a sunroof

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No sunroof in mine learned my lesson its 2019 and these car companies still cannot build a vehicle without a leaky sunroof or Drain tubes. I will never again purchase a vehicle with a sunroof

To some extent I think that's just the nature of the beast. Some are better than others, and I would say most sunroofs from most car companies don't leak from the factory or for awhile - but, eventually, all sunroofs are going to leak unless the seals are replaced. No different than skylights in houses - in fact, in some ways worse than skylights, because vehicles are constantly moving and flexing from speed, climate and road conditions while houses don't move (unless you have a tiny house or an RV :D ). I have a small convertible, and I think a completely removable top is a better option than a hole in one that's also supposed to seal closed when you don't want it.