6.7L Cummins turbo done - MaxCare warranty experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Folks,

I couldn't find anything in the search on this. I'm polling for experience of owners of the 6.7L Cummins who have experienced turbo failure and have a Mopar extended warranty.

The truck belongs to very good friends, and they are currently stranded in these COVID19 times with a broken truck. They're full-time RVers (retired military - both), and their truck is a 2014 RAM 3500 dually with the big diesel. They are the second owners, purchased from a RAM dealership that took it on trade after the first owner figured out in 10K that they couldn't afford the truck. Truck was like new, and they keep it like new and a RAM dealer has performed all regular maintenance per schedule, done all recalls and repairs, etc. Just as their remainder of the factory warranty was expiring, they bought a Mopar MaxCare for the truck for $4K with $200 deductible and it's still valid both in years and mileage. They have used the warranty a few times with no issue at all. Now that they are looking at a $6K repair, they're getting the runaround and cannot determine if it's on the dealer, which is the only RAM dealer within a couple hours drive, or the warranty because they cannot get ahold of anyone...

I'm going to post this over at the Cummins forum too when I remember my login, but throwing it out here to see if anyone has had a turbo replacement done with a Mopar extended warranty without any issues? If so, any specific contacts your could share, even via PM? I won't post the dealership name hoping they can get it resolved, but they're going on 10 days of being stuck.

Thanks!!