6" RCX lift on top of 3" body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes. I will finally be pulling the trigger and adding the 6" RCX on top of my 3" body lift. I will be removing the RCX level and depending on the trucks stance may add bilsteins with a rear spacer.. sorta iffy.

If anyone has any at all tips tricks and random suggestions for the install I'm all ears. I've been creeping and searching through forums and been studying the rough country instructions like pre med study for the mcat.

Must give a huge shout out to the team at Discount Performance Auto. I'm seriously impressed with their customer service. Fastnugly has been Pming me and helping me back and forth for months even before he got into the distribution business. They are getting it all to me cheaper than I could have found it anywhere else and are helping out quite a few other members with the sponsorship. Gonna hopefully have a sick truck to put their sticker on.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Man no fair! Lol..its going to look sick! 38's next???? Lol

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wish.
The plan is 36.77x14x18s with a -24 offset. I honestly dont like the HUGE tires I want the tire to look like it would stuff into the wheel well if needed and 37s fill the entire well nicely. The 9" really isnt huge IMO on these trucks because they come from factory like the height of a crossover lol. I'm liking the look of fast's with 9" on 37s. Hopefully the 14 wide will make up for the lack of diameter. I also seen a quad cab with 40s and it sorta looked bottom heavy because of the QC.

I'm not doing an axle swap because of the labor involved but when ripp gets the 2012 capabilities ;) I dont think itll have trouble rolling the 37s with that. I will honestly be cutting about 6lbs on each corner by going to the terra graps in 37 and 18" rims as opposed to my factory rims and toyo MT 35s!

Just happy to get the ball rolling!

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I wish.
The plan is 36.77x14x18s with a -24 offset. I honestly dont like the HUGE tires I want the tire to look like it would stuff into the wheel well if needed and 37s fill the entire well nicely. The 9" really isnt huge IMO on these trucks because they come from factory like the height of a crossover lol. I'm liking the look of fast's with 9" on 37s. Hopefully the 14 wide will make up for the lack of diameter. I also seen a quad cab with 40s and it sorta looked bottom heavy because of the QC.

I'm not doing an axle swap because of the labor involved but when ripp gets the 2012 capabilities ;) I dont think itll have trouble rolling the 37s with that. I will honestly be cutting about 6lbs on each corner by going to the terra graps in 37 and 18" rims as opposed to my factory rims and toyo MT 35s!

Just happy to get the ball rolling!

Oh yeah you'll be good.. I was just kidding about the axle swap, unless you did do 40's! I'm seriously thinking thinking off adding a 4" suspension on top of mine and selling my wheels and tires and running 18's with 37's! I know what you mean about these trucks being low stock! Hell I want mine taller already lol!

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh yeah you'll be good.. I was just kidding about the axle swap, unless you did do 40's! I'm seriously thinking thinking off adding a 4" suspension on top of mine and selling my wheels and tires and running 18's with 37's! I know what you mean about these trucks being low stock! Hell I want mine taller already lol!

Mine with the level and body lift on 35s is the same height as all my buddies stock f250s and etc (yes I left the diesel crowd) lol
But you've gotta do that. That would be a sick set up and I've honestly never seen a 3" BL with 4" suspension. Then if you wanted even more just add the bilsteins.
If I manage to get it boosted and it pulls the 36.77s with ease I will most likely switch to toyo MT in 37 because lets face it. I am in love with my current MTs lol

dax319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to see that, Now i'm totally jealous of even tryin my lift level kit! lol i swear my truck couldn't have came any lower. Def. not like the 07' I had. looks good, will look even sweeeter.
Good luck.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Mine with the level and body lift on 35s is the same height as all my buddies stock f250s and etc (yes I left the diesel crowd) lol
But you've gotta do that. That would be a sick set up and I've honestly never seen a 3" BL with 4" suspension. Then if you wanted even more just add the bilsteins.
If I manage to get it boosted and it pulls the 36.77s with ease I will most likely switch to toyo MT in 37 because lets face it. I am in love with my current MTs lol

I know what you mean..my cousin has a powerstroke with a 4" lift and 35's and it looks like a monster next to mine! I really want to trade in for a Cummins and run 37's and a lift with it. Because if I did more lift and 37's now, I'd need more power to push that set up!

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can't wait to see that, Now i'm totally jealous of even tryin my lift level kit! lol i swear my truck couldn't have came any lower. Def. not like the 07' I had. looks good, will look even sweeeter.
Good luck.

Thank you sir!

Gotta start somewhere! I think the leveling kit is a must. They should give them out for free with the purchase of these trucks. Especially with the 4x4s. When I brought it home and was all excited with my new truck, my buddy goes "umm I thought you wanted a 4x4 for work" I had to correct him. But couldn't disagree from factory they look like a 2x4 sport truck.

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know what you mean..my cousin has a powerstroke with a 4" lift and 35's and it looks like a monster next to mine! I really want to trade in for a Cummins and run 37's and a lift with it. Because if I did more lift and 37's now, I'd need more power to push that set up!

My plan is to get this truck on at least 9" with 37s and boosted. Keep it super clean and have a nice truck for 3 years all of which I'll be saving up. Then I will sell this and part the super charger and have a fat down payment on a new truck or an old diesel :) I did the diesel thing for awhile but the cost of maintenance and fuel I couldnt justify with how much I drive. I can't handle a dpf or any of the new garbage in the works for them. Its just ridiculous.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
My plan is to get this truck on at least 9" with 37s and boosted. Keep it super clean and have a nice truck for 3 years all of which I'll be saving up. Then I will sell this and part the super charger and have a fat down payment on a new truck or an old diesel :) I did the diesel thing for awhile but the cost of maintenance and fuel I couldnt justify with how much I drive. I can't handle a dpf or any of the new garbage in the works for them. Its just ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind a diesel because they get better mpgs! But diesel can get expensive at times! You think just like me lol! I'm going to keep mine for a few years, then get a used 2500! Maybe like '08-09!

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I dont even know about the better mileage anymore! 18mpg at like 4.25 a gallon or 15 mpg at 3.25! That 2 cents of savings plus double the oil capacity and injectors!

I'm def feeling a later model 5.9 common rail mega cab! Hopefully in like 3 years you and I will be talking in the cummins forum haha

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I dont even know about the better mileage anymore! 18mpg at like 4.25 a gallon or 15 mpg at 3.25! That 2 cents of savings plus double the oil capacity and injectors!

I'm def feeling a later model 5.9 common rail mega cab! Hopefully in like 3 years you and I will be talking in the cummins forum haha

True...oil changes are like $200-300 for a Cummins lol! By the way where are you, and why is gas 3.25?? Lol, I get ripped off here and pay like 3.75 for mid! If I were to get a new Cummins I'd be a BOSS! lol

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was using that as an estimate because I remember one time I went to get diesel and that was the difference and I was like WTFFF.
But with my 35s I get high 14s low 15s running a diablo on 87 octane. But thats being very grandpa esque with the throttle.

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i can barley get 12 and i only have 33's on a 3in bodylift have not got enough money yet to get new tires and rims

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My mods are diablo trinity on 87, K&N 63 series warm air intake, mufflex delete.

I'll soon be adding a throttle body to that as well. But I turn off mds in the city and on the highway run it. A lot of it is in my speed. If i do 55 I can get KILLER mileage if I do 70 its iffy. probably low 14s high 13s. I'm hoping the AT 37s will bump my speed up but keep me in the sweet spot of rpms that I'm currently at with 35s at 55. But less rolling resistance since I'm cutting weight and tread

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. I will finally be pulling the trigger and adding the 6" RCX on top of my 3" body lift. I will be removing the RCX level and depending on the trucks stance may add bilsteins with a rear spacer.. sorta iffy.

If anyone has any at all tips tricks and random suggestions for the install I'm all ears. I've been creeping and searching through forums and been studying the rough country instructions like pre med study for the mcat.

Must give a huge shout out to the team at Discount Performance Auto. I'm seriously impressed with their customer service. Fastnugly has been Pming me and helping me back and forth for months even before he got into the distribution business. They are getting it all to me cheaper than I could have found it anywhere else and are helping out quite a few other members with the sponsorship. Gonna hopefully have a sick truck to put their sticker on.

Hey Matt, thanks man.
Lifts always get me going...lol
To be honest...adding Bilsteins will scream for larger tires and Im sure that's not what you want as the Terra's do run a tad shorter than 37's
Unless that's the look you're after ;)
I'd run it the way it is and if you don't want the rake (which should be approx 1.5"-1.75") add the Bilsteins then at 1.4" to level

Here is mine with 37's, 6" RCX, Bilsteins at 2.1 and it screams bigger...so down she went. Lol
DSC_3294.jpg

When ever you're ready, let me know. Ill take care of you ;)
I got 18" of 37's coming now :crazy:

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
See I actually love that stance. Like the size of the tires there is almost the size of the fender well opening. I dont like the look of the huge tire that if flexed would hit the bumper or fenders.

I think I'm the only person who likes that look haha I think its sportier for some reason.