66rfe transmission help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17Rammegcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
New here ..going through the same thing 2017 2500 66rfe transmission just went out w/ 51k on it. I'm the second owener bought the truck with 43k never towed its my ride to work amd back. And i still owe $47k on the loan . Ram dealership miracle Dodge In PA will not work on it says needs a new transmission for $13k. In contact Ram. Customer service, they're giving me the run around. I asked the Sealership. About a vehicle off road report being submitted as mentioned adove There response was they never hear of anything like that ....Any help or suggestions PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You didn't tow with it, but what did the previous owner do with it? You don't really have a way of knowing. It may have been almost permanently attached to a trailer.

If you bought it with 43k it qualified for one of the MaxxCare extended warranties if you bought it from a Ram dealership used. If not it is out of warranty.

Standard warranty on those was I think 3/36k, might have been 5/60k powertrain but you're outside the 5 years now.

I would suggest finding an independent transmission shop to do the work since you're outside of warranty. It'll be cheaper but I can't tell you how much.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea the last place i would go is the dealer if there is no warranty left.