2018 PW DIY Upgrades and Fixes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was aware of the drag link recall and was about to go down the path of getting a new one from the dealer to replace the weld job they had already done to call it done…

Is there something similar with the track bar?
Sorry. I mean drag link. But yeah. Get a thuren track bar if yours is still stock.

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t forget to clean up your winch.

Attachments

• IMG_9260.jpeg
    IMG_9260.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Don’t forget to clean up your winch.
I pulled my cable out and looked it over before neatly laying it back on the spool. Although spooning it up became a job because that’s when I realized one of the pins in the connector was rotted so I had to do some electrical work there before packing the socket full of dielectric grease.

OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Move your winch controller
The connector socket in the front bumper or is there something else you’re referring to on the winch itself? I was just replying to another post that I took the plug assembly apart after finding a pin rotted… that included rewiring, sealing it up on the back end, then packing with grease.

OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Took the plunge on LED bulbs. The halogens were pathetic to say the least. I couldn’t stomach the $200+ price for a set of 2 bulbs so I opted to hunt for a few days until I found a good option from SEALIGHT. Got some yellows for the fog lights, cool white for the high beam and projector low beams. I’ll update once they arrive and give my honest opinion of beam pattern, cut off, brightness etc.

https://www.amazon.ca/SEALIGHT-Yell...917&sprefix=sealight+h10+,aps,279&sr=8-3&th=1
https://www.amazon.ca/Headlight-Bul...3c-a3e28cc83677&pd_rd_i=B06ZZCR1V6&psc=1&th=1

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Took the plunge on LED bulbs. The halogens were pathetic to say the least. I couldn’t stomach the $200+ price for a set of 2 bulbs so I opted to hunt for a few days until I found a good option from SEALIGHT. Got some yellows for the fog lights, cool white for the high beam and projector low beams. I’ll update once they arrive and give my honest opinion of beam pattern, cut off, brightness etc.

https://www.amazon.ca/SEALIGHT-Yellow-Lumens-Replacement-Trucks/dp/B0CDQ2C8SN/ref=sr_1_3?crid=WDCF5P3O6U19&keywords=Sealight+H10&qid=1702131917&sprefix=sealight+h10+,aps,279&sr=8-3&th=1
https://www.amazon.ca/Headlight-Bul...3c-a3e28cc83677&pd_rd_i=B06ZZCR1V6&psc=1&th=1
New bulbs are in, happy with the results for the price compared to other companies that sell just one set of bulbs for $200.

The truck looks quite a bit nicer / cleaner / updated over the standard halogens that have that tired yellow tinge. New bulbs have good cut off and aren’t scattered all over. They also aren’t obnoxiously bright as I’ve seen some that do light up further down the road but seem to blind everyone else. There are brighter versions of the bulbs I got (updated with better LED chips sets), that include the canbus in the bulb assembly, but have a fan, so I opted for these… my thoughts were just less stuff to go wrong (if fans failed).

The game changer was the fogs in yellow. Love the look on the truck and the way they perform now that’s it’s snowing.

Worst part of all of this was disassembling the entire front end to get at bulbs. Not a biggy but still a PITA for what it should be.

Below are some pics… first couple ones are with just the new yellow fogs installed - you can see the tired halogens still in. IMG_8279.jpeg
IMG_8280.jpeg
IMG_8281.jpeg
IMG_8287.jpeg
IMG_8286.jpeg

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My 2018 doesn't have the miles yours has but I can definitely speak to the tire issue. I also had the vibration problem between 60 and 65mph. In addition the stock tires were becoming louder and louder, didn't really realize it until I started making regular road trips between NY and OH about a 1400 mile round trip and spending many hours driving at one time . They still had some tread to go but didn't seem to be wearing evenly (even with rotation), I swapped them out with some Falken's recently and the vibration is gone and can have normal conversations while driving again :)

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I’d say you’re next step is body armour rock sliders bumpers etc. what part of Canada are you in I’m in Edmonton Alberta Canada and we have a couple of other people from Alberta on the forum. Some of the things I have done to my truck are. Home made rock sliders and a topper lift and a spare tire carrier. Bolt in’s are a k/n air filter ( I like mine) and a Abel concept locker bypass’s a synergy drag link a phazer controller to compensate for the 35 inch tires( el cheapo Chinese)led headlights relocated the winch control and changed it to a remote control with new home made power cables to the battery maple off-road front diff protection dual steering stabilizers remove the resonator magna flow d-fit muffler. The rock sliders / steps are the best thing that I have added. Because it’s easier for the missus and the dogs to get in and out. And solar panels on the roof of the truck to keep the battery in the camper charged

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0525.jpeg
    IMG_0525.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
PowaaaWagoon

PowaaaWagoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My 2018 doesn't have the miles yours has but I can definitely speak to the tire issue. I also had the vibration problem between 60 and 65mph. In addition the stock tires were becoming louder and louder, didn't really realize it until I started making regular road trips between NY and OH about a 1400 mile round trip and spending many hours driving at one time . They still had some tread to go but didn't seem to be wearing evenly (even with rotation), I swapped them out with some Falken's recently and the vibration is gone and can have normal conversations while driving again :)
I bought the truck with some cheap Nexen AT tires on it and thought they may play some part in the vibration… did a tire rotation and bead reseat which seemed to help a good bit but I’ll be looking to get some 35” Toyo AT3 on there before winter 2024… how you liking the Falken? I’ve heard good things on those too.. I run the Toyo on my Jeep and am really happy with them.