8.4 uconnect using thumb drive for music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I copy music onto a thumb drive, the music appears to play in just random order. For instance, if I copy album A and album B on the same thumb drive, the songs are nicely separated by album and artist when on the computer. But, when putting it in the truck to play, all the songs are mixed up and just play in random order. Or, they play in some type of order which I haven't figured out yet.

It would be nice to separate one album from another, can I do that somehow?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Not sure what's going on there. I have 1300+ songs on a memory stick, organized by album. I didn't organize them, just dragged/dropped onto the stick and they appear on the 8.4 exactly as they appear on my laptop. How are you copying from computer to your stick?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There is a "shuffle" function. I like to have mine play randomly, so I use that mode a lot. You need to turn that off.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what's going on there. I have 1300+ songs on a memory stick, organized by album. I didn't organize them, just dragged/dropped onto the stick and they appear on the 8.4 exactly as they appear on my laptop. How are you copying from computer to your stick?

I'm just copying and pasting over to the thumb drive.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a "shuffle" function. I like to have mine play randomly, so I use that mode a lot. You need to turn that off.

Seen that, and checked it. It's off.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I'm just copying and pasting over to the thumb drive.
Then it's probably on Shuffle as jejb said. Scratch that, just saw your last post.