#8 cylinder dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desertdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just clicked 102k and everything was great. Of course, I had the Hemi tic, unable to eliminate even with RedLine/Wix.
Then BANG. Exiting my car wash I could barely keep it running. Ran like **** but got it to a Ram dealer. They found zero compression on #8 so a long block is the probability. Anyone else experience this? Code P0300.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just clicked 102k and everything was great. Of course, I had the Hemi tic, unable to eliminate even with RedLine/Wix.
Then BANG. Exiting my car wash I could barely keep it running. Ran like **** but got it to a Ram dealer. They found zero compression on #8 so a long block is the probability. Anyone else experience this? Code P0300.

Sounds like the cam lobe on cyl 8 intake is flat. No intake on #8 ...no Compression on #8.. May just need cam and lifters and not long block..

OP
OP
Desertdawg

Desertdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the cam lobe on cyl 8 intake is flat. No intake on #8 ...no Compression on #8.. May just need cam and lifters and not long block..

Yep, I agree. Finally got the warranty company (Veritas Global) to come thru! Worst extended warranty company I have ever seen.