A. Accident damage thoughts…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not necessarily true.
I had a vehicle totaled because the frame was bent. 3 different shops said the damage could be repaired for under 5k.
Insurance totaled it because of the frame damage and cut me a check for 20k.

Certain things are an automatic total. EVs with the battery, and I think depending on who your ins is with the frame would be an auto-total as well.

As much as I hate to see it, this is likely a total. I would likely buy it back and try to part it out, but that's because I have the time and won't realize it was a terrible idea until I'm already committed.

RickyJ108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 5365172022 RAM 1500 Limited bought new 11 months ago. I was involved in a 37 car pileup last week, not at fault but hit front and rear. Truck was delivered to body shop today, no evaluation yet.

Curious to hear from others in this situation, what are options if not totaled, can I dispute it?

If settlement isn’t enough to replace with a new truck is there such a thing as doing after finished value for the difference?

I’m with State Farm, at 78 years young I’ve never been in this position. Does this look like a total candidate?

Thanks!View attachment 536518View attachment 536519
My bet is totaled you're looking at bed, exhaust, suspension parts, lights, tailgate, bumper, tire(s) both right side doors, cab corner, back of the cab, window out/in. The front is all different hood, fender, fender supports, radiator support, radiator, fender wells front and rear, front bumper, all brackets for bumper, fenders, bed supports, Wheel well flares, and this is just from some pictures when the adjuster gets there they will add much more.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Mine was less and it was just totaled out last week. I had wheel damage that tweaked the frame. Your rear part of the frame is likely tweaked. Frame was $2,500 but the hours to replace it was insane. It sucks but your ok and I know exactly what your going through.

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow. Tough spot to be in. If totaled will it put you back in a new truck at the same $$ spot you were at with this one . If not make em fix it. IME. Ins adjusters are hit and miss with their experience . I had two vehicles that ins said had bent frames. I took the payout & kept both . Repaired myself. Frame shop said both frames were not bent. So there that. Glad you’re ok. Best of luck

OP
OP
A

Alaskaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6
Update - My body shop submitted a repair estimate to State Farm for $63,222.00, (not a typo...), which includes a new bed and full frame. waiting for the final word from State Farm. This is on a '22 RAM Limited, bought new 11 months ago with 5,100 miles. Curious what my options are if for some reason they decide to repair, I don't want any part of it at this point.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
On a 24 limited they are 85k and they are giving 11k off which puts you in the low 70s. The insurance last week said the cutoff for my 30k 2018 was 16k and anything higher than that was totaled. They won't be repairing your truck as your probably closer to 30k cutoff. Start looking for a new truck.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Update - My body shop submitted a repair estimate to State Farm for $63,222.00, (not a typo...), which includes a new bed and full frame. waiting for the final word from State Farm. This is on a '22 RAM Limited, bought new 11 months ago with 5,100 miles. Curious what my options are if for some reason they decide to repair, I don't want any part of it at this point.
There's no way they're going to fix it. Not with that quote. Truck is totaled. Start shopping.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Bud... firstly.... your Ram did its job...it protected you and your occupants (if any were inside).
Glad you're okay ;)

The damages look pretty extensive, and I'd say if the frame is compromised in any way and/or any airbags went off... it's written off as a total loss!

Being a newer truck (22') and not at fault... I'd push hard for diminished valuation consideration for a payout, period!

You really don't want that truck back after sustaining damage like that as it'll never be the same... and the claim valuation on it would be worth more that the vehicles overall used worth down the road....

Just my opinion though!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Look up the value of the truck on kbb. If the repair cost is greater than 75 to 80% of the book value it's totaled.

Your est is 63k, so the truck would need to be worth 75 to 80k at minimum.

My guess, it's totaled

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat