A/C Clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkrstr21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i know this is known issue in rams and i have searched for the solution but still having problems

so the a/c never really worked right when i bought the truck, and the clicking has always been there. i finally got around to trying to fix and found online that it was the blend door actuator that made the clicking and had something to do with the non a/c

i found a video on you tube and read through some tutorials on here and other sites. it seemed straight forward, until i had the console off

each video and tutorial i read said that the clicking came from the blend door actuator plastic gears. sometimes they wear down or something? once i pulled the actuators i took them apart and the gears were intact just as the new one i bought. so then i disconnected each one and plugged the new one in place and tried the a/c. the clicking still went on and the a/c didnt act right. i can hear it blowing but no air.

I know people have had this issue before, but maybe i missed something

any help?

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You also have 2 other actuators that may not be working properly. One is above and to the left of the blend door actuator and the other is behind the glove boxes.

P8210408_zps785d5317.jpg

The blend door is the one taken apart. I don't have a picture of the other one.

OP
OP
B

blkrstr21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You also have 2 other actuators that may not be working properly. One is above and to the left of the blend door actuator and the other is behind the glove boxes.

P8210408_zps785d5317.jpg

The blend door is the one taken apart. I don't have a picture of the other one.

the two behind the dash work fine. i went ahead and checked the one behind the glovebox and it was good too. all three worked and the teeth on the gears were still in tact

as i had the glovebox down, i noticed that the ticking came from that area. so im guessing it a bigger issue that i thought.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mine had a similar thing and finally just blew a gasket or something. Only works on high and makes a miserable noise when turned on. I still have warranty so they are fixing it Friday. When you bought it you were already out of warranty?

Bunion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
5.7L PIG EDITION
2000km and mine is making that noise when I turn the heat on. WARRANTY

Dbracela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you spin the fan by hand when you had it out? If so, was it clicking? May need a new fan/blower motor.