A/C compressor won’t engage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajamesd78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
2007 Dodge Ram 6.7 Mega Cab with and A/C compressor that won’t engage. I checked the wires and they are connected at the compressor. Dash lights up when A/C button is pushed but the compressor doesn’t react.
Before following other advice online of replacing a TIPM, I just wanted to ask around if anyone had this problem and solved it. The A/C was worked on last September when the condenser fan blew off the firewall. After replacing the can and lines, the mechanic vacuumed and replaced oil along with orfice tube. I specifically requested that. I checked fuse but not sure what relay to check. The power seat still works and fuse is good. Thanks for any advice.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have the system checked, it may be under charged or you have a leak, in which case the compressor will not kick on, one way to check it is put it on defrost it should kick on the compressor.

OP
OP
ajamesd78

ajamesd78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Been using defrost pretty regularly the last 2 weeks with the Florida moisture. I’ll have it checked for system pressure.

Jhon Matheew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the AC Compressor issue in your 2007 Dodge RAM 6.7 Mega cab, Follow these steps:

Check A/C clutch relay in TIPM, swap if necessary.
Test A/C clutch oil resistance; replace it out of range.
Verify voltage at A/C Clutch connector with A/C on.
Confirm refrigerant level within specifications.
Review TIPM functionality; consult service manual.
Check for DTCs using an OBD-II Scanner
Recheck recent A/C system work for proper connections

If issues persist, seek professional help for advanced diagnostics.
Be cautions with electrical system, and consult a mechanic if needed. Consider professional assistance if problems persist after these checks.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Knowing it had work done recently I'd take it back to the shop and let them check the pressures. Chances are it has a leak.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For the AC Compressor issue in your 2007 Dodge RAM 6.7 Mega cab, Follow these steps:

Check A/C clutch relay in TIPM, swap if necessary.
Test A/C clutch oil resistance; replace it out of range.
Verify voltage at A/C Clutch connector with A/C on.
Confirm refrigerant level within specifications.
Review TIPM functionality; consult service manual.
Check for DTCs using an OBD-II Scanner
Recheck recent A/C system work for proper connections

If issues persist, seek professional help for advanced diagnostics.
Be cautions with electrical system, and consult a mechanic if needed. Consider professional assistance if problems persist after these checks.
Cutting and pasting direction out of a manual is all well and fine, but does no good for the average owner who has no clue how to run these tests.