A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgalea02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Has anyone noticed that the a/c on the trucks slightly doesn’t blow as good anymore because I’ve noticed it for a while now for context mine doesn’t have a cabin air filter so my question is what can I do to make it blow better because this heat is terrible

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Clean the evaporator and the condensor. Also make sure the blend door is functioning and closing off.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd take it in and have a set of gauges put on it to check it's performance. I chronicled over two dozen things that could affect A/C performance in another post.

But right off the bat the most common things are: Slightly low on refrigerant,
Items plugging or reducing airflow through the condenser like 9 years of dead bugs, mud, push bar, lights, winch etc. Non-working fan. Think of the AC system as a series of devices that uses pumped refrigerant to move warm air out of the cabin to the outside of the vehicle (condenser). Every component of the system has to be in tip-top shape to be able to do it's job in the heat you guys have been experiencing.

____