A few questions about the '19 PW (owners)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m about to pull the trigger on a ‘19 but I’m wondering if I should wait a measly month and go for the ‘20. The problem is that nobody can tell me if there are going to be any changes from ‘19 to ‘20. I don’t expect anything drastic but any foreknowledge is better than none. Anyone out there got the inside scoop?

Pretty sure the fully updated HD is on schedule for 2022. Saw this back when they released the new 1500s.

Screenshot_20190730-201440_Chrome.jpg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
The cab is the same as all 4th gen cabs. It’s not 4” smaller. Dunno what he’s comparing it to. He left a 1500 with a 100k plus miles so I know it’s not a 19’ 1500. Those have bigger cabs. Weird
Yeah the car seat in my 2015 fit without me pulling the seat forward. I’m not sure if the difference is how far I sit in either truck or the rear seat. My post was just personal experience. No tape measures used. Sorry PwrWgnQs for misleading you.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
2600 miles now and the best tank of gas was 17.1 GPM some of that tank being in 4x4 Baja down some dirt/sand roads. I will take it to Tennessee and Kentucky next week so I might beat that MPG with my wife keeping my speed in check

Still no regrets. With my purchase Good luck finding a 19 if you haven’t pulled the trigger yet. There was only 2 in Texas when I bought mine. Dealer said to not expect to see the 2020 on the lot till March 2020 and orders start in November.

I do wish 35s were stock tires but that is an easy fix before I head to Moab. The nerf bars will come off and I will add sliders. I have the diamondback cover coming in next week and that should wrap up the mods till after my trip.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
You guys must run more expressway than I do. I run a state/US highway daily to work, and I put down a summertime average of almost 16...Winter drops that down to about 13.5 though.
2017, stock setup, and 27,000 miles.
Gotta agree though - the best riding HD truck I've ever been in.
13.5 in the winter? Must be the winter blend?!
Luckily for us in east Texas, we don’t see that stuff. I run the recommended 91 octane and can get 17 if I want too. But that’s no fun!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Winter cold (below freezing) cuts the mpg. Not necessarily just the winter blend, but a combination of factors.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/coldweather.shtml
Good to know.

I moved from CO 10 years ago and never paid attention, (then I guess) to MPG back in those days. I would hot rod at the drag strip and the hot rod loved cooler air because it compress more then warmer air.

The PW has automatic louvers in the grill that open and close to accommodate the proper engine temp. Maybe that makes a big difference in the MPG in the below freezing temperatures?! (There is a relevant statement for this tread.)

Btw I saw that the OP did buy a 19PW after all. Congrats. Welcome to the club

Last edited:

PCFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
2019 PW here...

Hands down best truck I’ve driven...ever.

Great ride and throttle response.

in SoFL, getting 12ish town/16ish highway.

2000 miles and so far so good.

PS...purchase via Costco...don’t think anyone can beat their price to include Military Overseas Sales.

Good luck!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I put 7k on my truck since I bought it in July a few months ago and did a write up on my last trip to give you my thoughts on the 19 PW

Conclusion: no regrets!!

Bdunn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
First post. Bought my PW Friday last week, and I'm loving it. Great ride, all the creature comforts I want (140 mi round trip to work), and I can't wait to get it up in the mountains next Spring. I still have by 2004 Duramax crew cab. It was/is a great truck, but the PW is now the favorite child.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far I am quite in love with the 19 power wagon. Coming from a 16 2500, this truck is light years better. Shes still breaking in. I am currently getting garbage fuel economy. 11.5 to 12 depending on my foot. I thought this would of been pretty similar to my old one buts it's about 1 to 2 less. Not really a big problem.

Ride quality is smooth as butter. I do find that when you drive 55+, it's quite bouncy. Not too big of a deal imho. Interior is quiet. Too quiet for my liking (I like to hear my trucks v8, will be corrected soon hopefully). Its also quite quick for a pig that she is. Plenty of power and gear to get her roaring.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
So far I am quite in love with the 19 power wagon. Coming from a 16 2500, this truck is light years better. Shes still breaking in. I am currently getting garbage fuel economy. 11.5 to 12 depending on my foot. I thought this would of been pretty similar to my old one buts it's about 1 to 2 less. Not really a big problem.

Ride quality is smooth as butter. I do find that when you drive 55+, it's quite bouncy. Not too big of a deal imho. Interior is quiet. Too quiet for my liking (I like to hear my trucks v8, will be corrected soon hopefully). Its also quite quick for a pig that she is. Plenty of power and gear to get her roaring.

Mpg will climb to 14-16 at around 5k.

Gear up the wagon. With close to 500lbs in the back she will smooth out. The PW like all HDs ride better with a load.

Last edited:

Chasing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8

The "bouncy" at 55+? Any ways to smooth that out ar a reasonable cost? New here, but researching a PW.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The "bouncy" at 55+? Any ways to smooth that out ar a reasonable cost? New here, but researching a PW.
It's better than the ol 2500 that felt like a brick in the same part of the road. Imagine shaking a bobblehead violently. I'll take bouncy over jolting.

Shocks might be the answer your looking for.