A new RAM owners thoughts after 1 day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I have driven Fords and Chevy trucks BUT my last three trucks have all been Dodge Rams and I will never go back to the others as you can't beat the ride , The only Chevy I own now is the one my father-in-law left me when he passed away and that will go to my oldest daughter soon .

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sat in one while my wife was doing paperwork for her 2019 durango. Those 5th gens are crazy with the bells and whistles. If i could stuff the 5th gen interior into a 4th gen i would get buried with it
I sat in one while my wife was doing paperwork for her 2019 durango. Those 5th gens are crazy with the bells and whistles. If i could stuff the 5th gen interior into a 4th gen i would get buried with it

The current HD Rams are a 5th gen interior stuffed into a 4th gen cab. When driving a 5th gen 3500 for the 1st time I felt weird coming from my 1500 fifth gen because my head was so close to the ceiling. The rear seat area has also been compromised in the Hd compared to the 1500. There are always rumors but the opinions range from 2021’s are to have an Allison tranny and actual 5th cab vs a salesman saying that will not happen until 2024 so just buy now.

The truth is out there.
If anyone is going interested I could post a link Friday m a salesman stating why he is waiting for the 2021. I’m not a troll but in the market for a Hd and have made offers on new 3500’s but nothing has worked out yet. I’m tall so shorter folks are going to be ok but I’m just sitting so high I can’t see well out of the Hd trucks. I thought it was the seat adjustment but the interior is just a different geometry from the full fifth gen 1500 I own. If you are happy with your current Hd do not watch this video. There are things you can’t unsee and it might be a bad thing if you watch. For me I need the Hd but don’t want to buy the bigger truck and in the end have less room inside.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The current HD Rams are a 5th gen interior stuffed into a 4th gen cab. When driving a 5th gen 3500 for the 1st time I felt weird coming from my 1500 fifth gen because my head was so close to the ceiling. The rear seat area has also been compromised in the Hd compared to the 1500. There are always rumors but the opinions range from 2021’s are to have an Allison tranny and actual 5th cab vs a salesman saying that will not happen until 2024 so just buy now.

The truth is out there.
If anyone is going interested I could post a link Friday m a salesman stating why he is waiting for the 2021. I’m not a troll but in the market for a Hd and have made offers on new 3500’s but nothing has worked out yet. I’m tall so shorter folks are going to be ok but I’m just sitting so high I can’t see well out of the Hd trucks. I thought it was the seat adjustment but the interior is just a different geometry from the full fifth gen 1500 I own. If you are happy with your current Hd do not watch this video. There are things you can’t unsee and it might be a bad thing if you watch. For me I need the Hd but don’t want to buy the bigger truck and in the end have less room inside.

please excuse my possessed iPhone spell checker. I give up on trying to correct a correction program

bankshot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Giving your thoughts after one day is sort of like giving your thoughts after the first night of marriage. Give it awhile because they can go south quickly.

Tony Stark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice ride! When I picked up my 2019 2500 I drove about 100 miles pulling a TT and was ready to take it back. Turns out it had 98 lbs in all 4 tires. Let them down to 60/65 and all was right with the world.

I agree about the mirrors, but when you turn them for towing, the convex on the bottom works well.

Digger Dan 188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 HD Big Horn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 370HP
JetAct,

Nice Truck!! You'll get used to the differences quickly. As for the split mirrors- the convex have saved my ass more the once from coming over on someone on the side of me.

If you need running boards I have listed the PNs for the "factory" chrome wheel to wheel boards for a long bed. Left 68361681AA, Right 68361680AA These PNs are for the boards ONLY. Will need to order a mounting hardware kit also PN 68193128AB I found the boards for right at $500 each plus freight from MoparMidWestParts.com Mounting kit was about 40 bucks.

Enjoy and Be Safe!

OP
OP
Jetact

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
JetAct,

Nice Truck!! You'll get used to the differences quickly. As for the split mirrors- the convex have saved my ass more the once from coming over on someone on the side of me.

If you need running boards I have listed the PNs for the "factory" chrome wheel to wheel boards for a long bed. Left 68361681AA, Right 68361680AA These PNs are for the boards ONLY. Will need to order a mounting hardware kit also PN 68193128AB I found the boards for right at $500 each plus freight from MoparMidWestParts.com Mounting kit was about 40 bucks.

Enjoy and Be Safe!

Digger Dan,

I appreciate the offer on the running boards but I have the power running boards that auto open when opening the door and hide when you close the door.