ABS light flashing with warning chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWB1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, about 3 weeks ago my ABS, Brake, ESP/BAS, and traction control lights illuminated on the dash and remained on. I found a C2200 code for ABS control module and replaced the ABS module about 1 week ago with a new Chrysler/Mopar part. Immediately after replacement the BRAKE light went out but all other lights remained on which I expected knowing I’d have to get it to a dealership for programming of the new ABS Module. I had it a a local dealership today for programming. They said it was unsuccessful but they didn’t know why and are unwilling to help further unless I leave the truck there for them to investigate (which I don’t want to do or pay the bill for) upon leaving I immediately noticed all dash lights are now off except the ABS light. Only now, the ABS light flashes and the dash warning chime sounds every 5 seconds or so. There are no longer any codes when both the dealership and I scanned the truck separately. I don’t know if this is a programming error at the dealership or something else. Has anyone experienced this or have a sensible place to look for an issue next without throwing parts at it? Thank you!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
This may or may not apply but if there is anything aftermarket on the CANbus can cause the unsuccessful programming of vehicle modules.

OP
OP
J

JWB1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you, there is nothing aftermarket on the CANbus.