ABS Problem!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brc19761

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 2wd with the 5.7 hemi and only 85,000 miles. I have owned the truck for about 5 months.

The problem is I hear a grinding noise coming from the front end of the truck. Then the truck feels like it doesn't want to accelerate. Then the abs light comes on and it quits. If you pull over kill the truck then drive it a little ways the engine or transmission jerks and then the abs light goes off. It does this a lot.

I had the truck scanned with the abs light on. The following codes were found c121d (brake pressure sensor circuit) and abs control module.

I jacked the truck up and took both front tires off to see if I could see any evidence of anything that could explain the grinding noise I checked the brakes, rack and pinion, ond all other front end parts and everything looked brand new.

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of a problem like this before. I hate to take it to a shop if there was a way to fix it myself. I just don't want to let it go and cause even more problems . Any comments, ideas, or information would greatly appreciated.

Thank You

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
With the wheel off, When you spin the hub/rotor does it feel like it's dragging? If it does, either caliper/brakes or wheel bearings could be the cuplrit.

OP
OP
B

brc19761

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I thought the same thing. But rotors and brakes spin freely. The grinding noise does sound like the brakes are dragging. But I don't know what is causing the sound. Unless. the brake sensor, abs module, or something else bad. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357