ABS Pump #4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Senodil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
Cummins
Well it seems that my pump Went out at 60K (under warranty), at 93K the 2nd one died and Ramcares opened a case which Chrysler reimbursed me for, and now at 120K and 11 months later my module is coding again. Has anyone else has multiple ABS pumps replaced? It seems insane that his will be the 4th pump in my truck and there is no recall on the issue. Any info's you have would be apprecaited. I have had multiple rams (this is my 4th) and this issue is getting frustrating. Dealer told me this one was not covered, which I am in disbelief over considering the warranty is 24 months unlimited miles. I really hope there is an upgraded module which will address the premature failures. Any info would be apprecaited, thanks in advance!

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
This is a known issue on the 2017 and 2018 HD trucks, there’s also an NHTSA investigation into it and a recall may be coming at some point. There are several threads in the HD forum on this, take a look.

My 2018 2500 ABS hydraulic control unit was replaced a few months ago with an updated part number that became available just recently, so hopefully it addresses the issue with the original part. Mine was covered by my lifetime MaxCare contract.

If you have to pay for it, you’ll get reimbursed if it becomes a recall. Just keep your paperwork and make sure you are getting the updated part. The new part number is in several of the threads in this forum.

You may also want to send a DM to RamCares here in the forum, they would open a case and may be able to get you some goodwill on the cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357