AC Compressor Clutch blowing fuses 2018 Big Horn 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raddodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My compressor clutch stopped working, and I found a broken wire in the clutch wire connector. It was broken so close to the connector, I had to remove the connector and hard wire the clutch. It went back to working for a while, and then it started blowing the 10 amp AC Clutch fuse. I hated to do it, but I jumped 12 volts directly to the clutch to make sure it still works, and everything runs fine.

I was told that the plug has a diode in it that it needed, (although it ran for a while without it), so I tried jumping in a plug from a donor Chrysler from the junkyard. It still blows the fuse everytime I energize the AC.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do or check?

Thank, Bob

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Sounds like a direct short somewhere. I'd start by checking all the positive wires to the switch. Or if its u Derek warranty then back to the dealer it goes.

Blue Mule

HEMI-FI

Active Duty Air Force ( B-2 Hydraulics)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I self induced the same issue, pretty sure the TIPM is done, I've checked everything else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye