AC condenser fan… Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbowers391

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time posting.

I know there’s a few posts about AC condenser fan issues but I didn’t see any about repeat issues. If there is and I missed it just point me in the right direction thanks.

So I’ve got a 2013 Ram Laramie with the 5.7 and had the AC condenser fan die on me last summer. AC would only blow cold when driving and at stop lights etc would blow warm air again. I replaced the fan and fixed the problem.

Here I am again, with hardly any time on the new fan and it’s already having the same problem? I noticed symptoms, then went and checked the fan with truck running and AC on and sure enough it’s not running.

Anybody have this problem this often? I obviously don’t want to buy another fan and replace for it to do the same thing in a few months.

Thanks!

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time posting.

I know there’s a few posts about AC condenser fan issues but I didn’t see any about repeat issues. If there is and I missed it just point me in the right direction thanks.

So I’ve got a 2013 Ram Laramie with the 5.7 and had the AC condenser fan die on me last summer. AC would only blow cold when driving and at stop lights etc would blow warm air again. I replaced the fan and fixed the problem.

Here I am again, with hardly any time on the new fan and it’s already having the same problem? I noticed symptoms, then went and checked the fan with truck running and AC on and sure enough it’s not running.

Anybody have this problem this often? I obviously don’t want to buy another fan and replace for it to do the same thing in a few months.

Thanks!

Did you buy an OEM Mopar fan assembly? If so, the part carries a 24-month replacement warranty: https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/warranty/mopar_parts_accessories_warranty_statement.pdf

OP
OP
T

tbowers391

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Of course I didn’t :doh2:

Pretty sure it came from oreilly’s, which looks like they have a warranty on them too but I don’t have the original receipt they require.

Is it normal for one of these to go that quick? Just get unlucky every now and then?

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Pretty sure it came from oreilly’s, which looks like they have a warranty on them too but I don’t have the original receipt they require.

Is it normal for one of these to go that quick? Just get unlucky every now and then?

I’m not sure about the OEM fan assembly - but it probably lasted a long time.

The (probably made-in-China) aftermarket from O’reilley’s sounds as though it was not the best quality.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

The after market e-fans don't have a great rep,lots of guys have had them die with-in a year.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you were the one to buy it, they can pull it up on the computer. I never have receipts when I have to return something to O'Reilly's or Autozone.

OP
OP
T

tbowers391

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you were the one to buy it, they can pull it up on the computer. I never have receipts when I have to return something to O'Reilly's or Autozone.
I was wondering if they could because I feel like I have done that a few times.

Found an oem fan out of a wrecked truck for like $100. Newer truck so im guessing less time on it. Might be worth trying it out.