AC controls or fan motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
Hey yall, so it's summer I'm Texas lol... and my AC will run and then it will cut out randomly. (07 ram 3500) it's not everyday, somedays I have no problems... others it will blow good and hard, then slow down out of nowhere to nothing, then blow medium spped tthen back to the speed the dial is set to. I don't know if that's something off in the control board with the switches, or if it has something to do with the fan motor. Or something else?

Any thoughts?

If it is the control board, and switches, is there a possibility to change it to the dual climate control unit or is it more complicated than that? Lol I'm sure it is.

But any help would be appreciated... thanks yall....

Matt

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if it just stops blowing out of the vents its the fan motor. next time take your fist and bump the bottom of it while you have the blower switch on wide open. its just under the dash on the passenger side next to the kick panel. Mine will just stop blowing out of no where. two bumps on the bottom and she's back blowing again.

OP
OP
MK82

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
Right on Buck, ill give that a shot lol

Thanks,

Matt

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey yall, so it's summer I'm Texas lol... and my AC will run and then it will cut out randomly. (07 ram 3500) it's not everyday, somedays I have no problems... others it will blow good and hard, then slow down out of nowhere to nothing, then blow medium spped tthen back to the speed the dial is set to. I don't know if that's something off in the control board with the switches, or if it has something to do with the fan motor. Or something else?

Any thoughts?

If it is the control board, and switches, is there a possibility to change it to the dual climate control unit or is it more complicated than that? Lol I'm sure it is.

But any help would be appreciated... thanks yall....

Matt
Dual zone HVAC is a completely differently configured air handler assembly. The blower has nothing to do with it.

Is the system EATC? Or manual control?

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dual zone HVAC is a completely differently configured air handler assembly. The blower has nothing to do with it.

Is the system EATC? Or manual control?
help me here please sir, my fan stops blowing, I hit the bottom of the blower housing with my fist and it starts blowing again. I did this several times. I replace said fan and it never happens again. And you say the fan blower has nothing to do with it?

OP
OP
MK82

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
I did smack the bottom of the blower motor with my fist and it picked back up lol. So I'm guessing it's on it's way out. I replaced the AC resistor and haven't had the issue for two days, the resistor looked like it was on its way out too. I'll do the blower motor today. Ithey don't look like they've ever been done so 180k later it's probably time.

I have manual climate controls.

Thanks yall,

Matt