AC mods… turbo, nitrous, **** injection……?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rizkit4DBizkit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had success with modifying their AC to be more efficient. I was thinking about trying the old school “ball valves before the heater core” truck but I don’t know if that is even an issue anymore. I did it on my 02 F250 back 05ish and it made a massive difference. I’ve tried searching on the subject but come up empty.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your truck experiencing specific AC issues? At 70 deg, the AC should be able to blow air in the 35-40 degree range ...preferrably under 40. If it does that, you really can't make it more efficient. If it isn't doing that, then you might want to take it to an AC shop, bc that's what it has the capacity to do. Any other mods is probably masking a problem such as a refrigerant issue, blend door issues, etc.

Question: Does your truck have any obstacles in front of the grille (lights, bull bar, winch) which might inhibit airflow? Or a condenser which could be partially plugged with bugs or mud? Remember, you're moving the heat OUT of the cabin to the condenser in front of the engine, so anything that could reduce that transfer can affect performance. Tinting the glass helps reduce the greenhouse effect on hot sunny days.

Humidity is almost as important in conditioning air, to make it comfortable, as removing the heat. Blowing cold but humid air can make it feel uncomfortable. Ensure the condensate drain is not partially plugged. The heater core where it is, helps dehumidify air under certain conditions.