Accessories for my new RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haserot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I thought there would only be 1 or 2 things I'd like to add to my new truck. Turns out there are about 6-8. The truck is a 4x4 Crew Cab in Prairie Pearl with bench seat. The list is as follows:

Tonneau is done - BAK Roll-X from BAK Factory Outlet.
Door Molding - color matched, not chrome. Any experience with these?

Dodge Ram Crew Cab 2009 2013 Painted Body Side Moldings - Spoiler and Wing King

Floor Mats - I'm going with the Weathertech DigiFit. I'm not sure where to buy from yet or what color. The truck has the brown/tan interior, but I'm not sure if I want tan mats. I really don't like tan interiors. Anyone have pics of these (any color) in a brown interior truck? The stock photos all kinda suck.
Step Bars - Not sure yet. I can get in/out pretty good, so I'd figure to leave this one to the wife.
Window Deflectors - Anyone have experience with the Weathertech?
Hood Deflectors - Not sure yet, need to see pics. I want something that isn't intrusive to the front end, but will protect it from rocks/chips
Fender Flares - Prefer color matched. I'm not sure how Mineral Gray will go with Prairie Pearl. Whats the deal with the 'Ebay Guy'?
Mud Flaps - I'm thinking rubber instead of molded, but they would have to work with fender flares and step bars. I'd prefer to buy these and the mudflaps together.

There are many threads on these items, and I have read most of them. I prefer accessories that don't require drilling. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Also, I plan on writing a review of the BAK Roll-X complete with pictures showing installation and performance. I need to resize the pics I have first though.

Lastly, has anyone on this forum ever used this emoticon? :love51: I'm staring at this while typing this post trying to figure out in what context it would be used for on such a manly man forum.

Thanks again.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the fender flares I have been contimplating getting the body color matched ones from a 2500 as they seem pretty resonable and subtle. They also look good with the Mopar rubber mud flaps that I have on my 4X4.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought there would only be 1 or 2 things I'd like to add to my new truck. Turns out there are about 6-8. The truck is a 4x4 Crew Cab in Prairie Pearl with bench seat. The list is as follows:

Tonneau is done - BAK Roll-X from BAK Factory Outlet.
Door Molding - color matched, not chrome. Any experience with these?

Dodge Ram Crew Cab 2009 2013 Painted Body Side Moldings - Spoiler and Wing King

Floor Mats - I'm going with the Weathertech DigiFit. I'm not sure where to buy from yet or what color. The truck has the brown/tan interior, but I'm not sure if I want tan mats. I really don't like tan interiors. Anyone have pics of these (any color) in a brown interior truck? The stock photos all kinda suck.
Step Bars - Not sure yet. I can get in/out pretty good, so I'd figure to leave this one to the wife.
Window Deflectors - Anyone have experience with the Weathertech?
Hood Deflectors - Not sure yet, need to see pics. I want something that isn't intrusive to the front end, but will protect it from rocks/chips
Fender Flares - Prefer color matched. I'm not sure how Mineral Gray will go with Prairie Pearl. Whats the deal with the 'Ebay Guy'?
Mud Flaps - I'm thinking rubber instead of molded, but they would have to work with fender flares and step bars. I'd prefer to buy these and the mudflaps together.

There are many threads on these items, and I have read most of them. I prefer accessories that don't require drilling. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Also, I plan on writing a review of the BAK Roll-X complete with pictures showing installation and performance. I need to resize the pics I have first though.

Lastly, has anyone on this forum ever used this emoticon? :love51: I'm staring at this while typing this post trying to figure out in what context it would be used for on such a manly man forum.

Thanks again.

Window Deflectors - I have VentVisor In channels, they work great, no issues.
Hood Deflector - Get a 3M or other quality clear bra, IMO all hood deflectors look like crap.
Mud Flaps - I got the Mopar molded ones, I'm looking to ditch them for rubber units, good choice.

And the :love51: bit... We have a couple forum vendors that get friendly from time to time...

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely get the rubber mud flaps instead of the molded ones. I have the Mopar molded "splash guards" and they suck. Don't fit worth a crap and will rub through the paint in no time flat if you don't put something behind them.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the weather techs and love them, the coverage is super B. I cant really comment on the colour. I have black interior, and theirfore the black mats.

In my ford I had tan interior, and had the factory all-weather mats which were colour matched. Black would have looked funny I think.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See comments in RED

Floor Mats - I'm going with the Weathertech DigiFit. I'm not sure where to buy from yet or what color. The truck has the brown/tan interior, but I'm not sure if I want tan mats. I really don't like tan interiors. Anyone have pics of these (any color) in a brown interior truck? The stock photos all kinda suck. I have a buddy with a tan interior on a Tundra and he just used black matts
Window Deflectors - Anyone have experience with the Weathertech? I have AVS (I think) low profile in channel and they are great
Hood Deflectors - Not sure yet, need to see pics. I want something that isn't intrusive to the front end, but will protect it from rocks/chips Again, I have the low profile that isn't really a "wind" deflector but I think it adds a lot and ties the black in from the headlights
Fender Flares - Prefer color matched. I'm not sure how Mineral Gray will go with Prairie Pearl. Whats the deal with the 'Ebay Guy'? Mine are from an E-BAy guy, not sure if its "The Guy" but not bad for the money. A bit fragile for off road I would guess, I went with textured
Mud Flaps - I'm thinking rubber instead of molded, but they would have to work with fender flares and step bars. I'd prefer to buy these and the mudflaps together. I have the RAM rubber for flares and they are heavy and work great

Attachments

• 2013-01-13_18-25-50_212.jpg
    2013-01-13_18-25-50_212.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20130708_153515_085.jpg
    IMG_20130708_153515_085.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 507

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
I have the Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners in my 2013 Copperhead Pearl Big Horn with the Light Frost Beige/Canyon Brown interior. I went with the tan colored mats. Although they are not a perfect match color wise, they do fall in the same color pallet and look awesome, IMHO. I'll try and snap a photo later and post it for you, so you can get a better idea of what it looks like.

OP
OP
Haserot

Haserot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank you all for the feedback.

I had read about people using the 2500 fender flares on the 1500. Why is that? Is it a fit, color, availability thing?

Design, Do you have another pic of the hood deflector, maybe a closeup? How does that mount? Also, where did you get your rubber flaps from? I was looking here:

Splash Guards, Heavy Duty Rubber, 2009-11 Ram 1500 (w/out Fender Flares)

The Crow, thank you for the pics, that is exactly what I wanted to see. My bench seat does not have as much of the tan plastic because there is no console. Those don't look to bad...

I think I am going to try the door molding in the link I posted. About $90 shipped for painted molding seems pretty good. I really do not want chrome or black.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you all for the feedback.

I had read about people using the 2500 fender flares on the 1500. Why is that? Is it a fit, color, availability thing? They are made well and fit the truck well

Design, Do you have another pic of the hood deflector, maybe a closeup? How does that mount? Also, where did you get your rubber flaps from? I was looking here:

Splash Guards, Heavy Duty Rubber, 2009-11 Ram 1500 (w/out Fender Flares)

That is the same except I got these that say "With Flares" even though the picture is same, and what I have -

Ram 1500 Heavy Duty Rubber Splash Guards For Trucks With Fender Flares - Rear, Black (Part No: 82212289): MoparOnlineParts.com

I was wrong on my low profile rain guards, they are EGR and the deflector is AVS

Best picture I have close up :drink_nl:

Attachments

• IMG_20130708_153503_623.jpg
    IMG_20130708_153503_623.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 44