Actual tires don't match sticker on new RAM...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@GrandpaBob
I grabbed your vin from the window sticker in your OP. Here's a link to your factory build sheet...

It doesn't show the 22" wheels either, but I think they are a fantastic upgrade over the 20" and I think replacement cost will be comparable for 22" tires since more and more vehicles are using 22" (& larger) nowadays. I bet factory had a shortage and they just installed a different set to keep things moving (or dealer swapped them with another truck as part of a sale)

I wish I had gotten the 33 gal tank on my 22 limited, but I had to pull the trigger to get one on a lot without eTorque while I could. That Delmonico Red is fantastic too!

15k miles on mine with the same tires and no complaints here.

Let's see a picture of your ride?

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OP
OP
GrandpaBob

GrandpaBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for posting the build sheet! I hadn't seen it before so that was fun. I still can't believe this truck was sitting on a dealers lot on my way home from vacation as it is exactly what I would have put in for my custom order. I like the look of your night edition and would have preferred that, but, I couldn't have gotten the sea salt seats. I wanted the lighter color seats here in Arizona. I like your theory about the factory putting the 22s on. I'm pretty sure that if the dealer knew he was selling me 22s our negotiations would have started out $2000 higher.

I do love the looks of my rims. I'm just afraid I'm going to be exploring some dirt road some day, come across a washout or rocky area, try to cross, and regret it due to these narrow sidewall tires. Have you done any off-roading with yours? I feel like with this setup I could damage the rim just by hitting a curb too hard at the wrong angle.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering putting 18" Ram Rebel wheels and tires on. I think they also look pretty good and, at 33", would give me much more sidewall and maybe an even smoother ride on the highway without adding any unsprung weight. Although, I really can't complain about the ride with this setup. I guess the other option is to get a lift and 35x22s. Since most my driving is on the highway I'm just not sure I'm willing to give up the MPGs.

Your request for a picture prompted me to update my profile. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Pickup corner view square.jpg
    Pickup corner view square.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 7