Added Power Folding Mirrors on 2014 Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth J Nelan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Hi Everyone;

Okay - so several people have encouraged me to post, even though this is an old subject - adding power folding mirrors to a 2014.

The truck in question is a 2014 1500 Big Horn with a 5.7-L V-8 OHV 16V, Crew Cab, 4WD, and 6.5 bed. The truck came with tow mirrors, but because of how I have to back into the garage when stowing the truck, I needed to add power folding - climbing over the center console was taking its toll on me and if my wife stood on the side to pull the mirrors in, she was going to sleep in that same spot till morning. As she repeatedly pointed out, that was NOT an option.

So I began my quest here in Ramforum and found many helpful links and suggestions - many with do-it-yourself wiring harnesses and some with entire kits you can buy for well over $1k. I'm a man on a budget and don't often have lots of time on my hands, so... I wanted a list of things I could buy with quality and price in mind, that wouldn't take me tons of time (took less than 2 hours to finish including programming the alfaobd and taking a couple of client calls).

It’s here I want to pause and thank @Mpgrimm2 for his incredible work accumulating part numbers and information. I found much of what I needed on his page here: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/di...old-mirror-upgrade-notes.147692/#post-2090096 including a link to the alfaobd programming. He has detailed instructions on how to program the alfaobd, which as a novice user I found a bit overwhelming until I found a youtube video that explained where to find the settings. Once I knew where to go to find the settings, it was a breeze! Thank you, Mpgrimm2!!! Your posts rock!!!

I'm not going to bother everyone with videos or pictures, there are many out there for us to look at, but I was encouraged by a friend to share my parts list as I did this whole thing for under $500.00. Yes, you read that right - the total cost was $456.91 (this is usually what a set of non-power folding tow mirrors will cost.)

So - my parts list:

Driver Door Switch:
- Original part no. 68110867AB
- Replacement: https://www.amazon.com/SYKRSS-Compa...ocphy=9018834&hvtargid=pla-980290365305&psc=1

- Price: $28.99 ← Yes, it works well. I had one issue with the switch not working about a week after install, but I apparently didn't push hard enough when connecting the harness as it came apart. I pushed it all the way in and heard a click, and it's been fine for the past month.

Door Modules
DOOR CONTROL MODULE W FOLD LEFT 68225103AD
DOOR CONTROL MODULE W FOLD RIGHT 68225102AD

Okay - here I have to say that I had a nightmare scenario when trying to order from a couple so-called mopar dealers. One of them, moparfactoryparts, even argued with me that she didn't want to sell me the modules because I didn't know what I was doing and that she couldn't guarantee they would work. Finally I read somewhere to trust Benny at @allmoparparts. He was fast and AWESOME. Benny was able to give me the exact part number I needed for my year and specific to the folding mirrors. I will definitely buy through allmoparparts again!!!!

Driver:
- Original Part No.:68225103AD
- Replacement: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-module-left-68225103ad

- Price: $90.17

Passenger:
- Original Part No.: 68225102AD
- Replacement: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-module-right-68225102ad

- Price: $62.70

Mirrors:

Okay - this is where people seem to freak out. One person even said they may not be folding because the price was so low... I bought it as a set and they work BEAUTIFULLY!!!! They may not be OEM, but I've had no problems and everything works perfectly!

Original Part No’s.:
- Driver: 68412883AC (2500)
- Passenger: 68412880AC (2500)

I bought the Package Deal for Driver and Passenger With the following:
~ Temperature Sensor
~ Puddle Lights
~ Turn Signals
~ Power Folding
~ Heated
~ NO AUTO DIM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MKMPVF...49Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

- Price: $275.99 <-- Yes, you read that correctly. In my limited research, I found companies who sold the regular tow mirrors for double this price, which is why I was so excited to start this project.

I'm not quite sure what else to say. This is just a parts list so I guess there's not much else to say.

I'm now trying to put together parts lists for adding push button start and power folding running boards.

My next free mod, though, will be the back seat mod here:
Why? I see storage possibilities! A friend suggested it's a dangerous mod for passengers... I suppose it would be if I'm in an accident and they aren't wearing a seat belt, otherwise, if person is properly belted, that mod should be a problem.

Thanks everyone! Your project pages have not only inspired me to buy my current truck, but also to begin working on it!

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Everyone;

Okay - so several people have encouraged me to post, even though this is an old subject - adding power folding mirrors to a 2014.

The truck in question is a 2014 1500 Big Horn with a 5.7-L V-8 OHV 16V, Crew Cab, 4WD, and 6.5 bed. The truck came with tow mirrors, but because of how I have to back into the garage when stowing the truck, I needed to add power folding - climbing over the center console was taking its toll on me and if my wife stood on the side to pull the mirrors in, she was going to sleep in that same spot till morning. As she repeatedly pointed out, that was NOT an option.

So I began my quest here in Ramforum and found many helpful links and suggestions - many with do-it-yourself wiring harnesses and some with entire kits you can buy for well over $1k. I'm a man on a budget and don't often have lots of time on my hands, so... I wanted a list of things I could buy with quality and price in mind, that wouldn't take me tons of time (took less than 2 hours to finish including programming the alfaobd and taking a couple of client calls).

It’s here I want to pause and thank @Mpgrimm2 for his incredible work accumulating part numbers and information. I found much of what I needed on his page here: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/di...old-mirror-upgrade-notes.147692/#post-2090096 including a link to the alfaobd programming. He has detailed instructions on how to program the alfaobd, which as a novice user I found a bit overwhelming until I found a youtube video that explained where to find the settings. Once I knew where to go to find the settings, it was a breeze! Thank you, Mpgrimm2!!! Your posts rock!!!

I'm not going to bother everyone with videos or pictures, there are many out there for us to look at, but I was encouraged by a friend to share my parts list as I did this whole thing for under $500.00. Yes, you read that right - the total cost was $456.91 (this is usually what a set of non-power folding tow mirrors will cost.)

So - my parts list:

Driver Door Switch:
- Original part no. 68110867AB
- Replacement: https://www.amazon.com/SYKRSS-Compa...ocphy=9018834&hvtargid=pla-980290365305&psc=1

- Price: $28.99 ← Yes, it works well. I had one issue with the switch not working about a week after install, but I apparently didn't push hard enough when connecting the harness as it came apart. I pushed it all the way in and heard a click, and it's been fine for the past month.

Door Modules
DOOR CONTROL MODULE W FOLD LEFT 68225103AD
DOOR CONTROL MODULE W FOLD RIGHT 68225102AD

Okay - here I have to say that I had a nightmare scenario when trying to order from a couple so-called mopar dealers. One of them, moparfactoryparts, even argued with me that she didn't want to sell me the modules because I didn't know what I was doing and that she couldn't guarantee they would work. Finally I read somewhere to trust Benny at @allmoparparts. He was fast and AWESOME. Benny was able to give me the exact part number I needed for my year and specific to the folding mirrors. I will definitely buy through allmoparparts again!!!!

Driver:
- Original Part No.:68225103AD
- Replacement: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-module-left-68225103ad

- Price: $90.17

Passenger:
- Original Part No.: 68225102AD
- Replacement: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-module-right-68225102ad

- Price: $62.70

Mirrors:

Okay - this is where people seem to freak out. One person even said they may not be folding because the price was so low... I bought it as a set and they work BEAUTIFULLY!!!! They may not be OEM, but I've had no problems and everything works perfectly!

Original Part No’s.:
- Driver: 68412883AC (2500)
- Passenger: 68412880AC (2500)

I bought the Package Deal for Driver and Passenger With the following:
~ Temperature Sensor
~ Puddle Lights
~ Turn Signals
~ Power Folding
~ Heated
~ NO AUTO DIM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MKMPVF...49Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

- Price: $275.99 <-- Yes, you read that correctly. In my limited research, I found companies who sold the regular tow mirrors for double this price, which is why I was so excited to start this project.

I'm not quite sure what else to say. This is just a parts list so I guess there's not much else to say.

I'm now trying to put together parts lists for adding push button start and power folding running boards.

My next free mod, though, will be the back seat mod here:
Why? I see storage possibilities! A friend suggested it's a dangerous mod for passengers... I suppose it would be if I'm in an accident and they aren't wearing a seat belt, otherwise, if person is properly belted, that mod should be a problem.

Thanks everyone! Your project pages have not only inspired me to buy my current truck, but also to begin working on it!
Nice right up sir.
Thank you for sharing the info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Everyone;

RF Hub - 68319680AE
Start Button Switch - 6CK46DX9AC
2 In cab antennas - 56046958AA
New key fob - can get those on Amazon or Ebay

I would just double check that Hub part number with Benny. I don't think there is a difference between 1500 and 2500 but that is the one I used for my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. You'll also need a wire harness for the install, I can help you out with that if you want. I just did the Push Start/Passive Entry upgrade recently.

Matt

mikson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited
Engine
Nice write up! I am hoping you can answer a question. I read somewhere that if my trucks trim level (in my case Laramie Limited) originally offered power fold mirrors then all I would need to buy is the window switch and mirrors. I would then have the dealer program the option into the BCM. Is this correct?

RickoSauve52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I recently purchased power folding mirrors, with puddle lights and blinkers from Facebook Market place. I ordered a window switch and it was not the correct part. I'm skeptical with the part numbers I've been finding on-line. So far only one vendor has specifically stated that there switch will not fit my RAM. I was able to send the window switch back considering I never installed it, but now I'm scared the modules won't fit or won't work if I order them. Where can I find the correct switch and modules? I'm at a loss. Some help will be greatly appreciated. One more question, if I get answers, Would the price on Mopar online be the same as the local dealer?

I have a 2019 Trademans Classic (VIN 1C6RR6FT4KS724080)

Vegas250rr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice write up! I am hoping you can answer a question. I read somewhere that if my trucks trim level (in my case Laramie Limited) originally offered power fold mirrors then all I would need to buy is the window switch and mirrors. I would then have the dealer program the option into the BCM. Is this correct?
Did you ever get an answer on this?