Adding aux switches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigkyle72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 and 2017
Engine
5.9 and 6.7
Does anyone know what part numbers I need to add the 5 aux switches into my truck? It looks like there is the actual aux switch panel and another part (I'm assuming a fuse box of some sort) that is mounted to the firewall on Trucks that came with this from the factory.

If anyone has done this upgrade and could pass along some knowledge on prices and what not it would be appreciated!

-Kyle

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab

marc cormier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
i just bought the switch panel and builds the rest with a universal fuse and relay box. the switch part cost me around 150$ (canadian money), the fuse box was 25$, the rest was wiring and relay. the switch part is complicated, you need the part number that go with the year and option of your truck, there is a lot of part number depending if you have headted steering wheel/seat... you will also need the alfaobd software to avtivate the aux switch option in the computer

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I bought the correct wiring harness, putting the aux switches in where there were never any then wiring it yourself will void the warranty.. If you get the correct harness you won't void the warranty at all.

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I bought the correct wiring harness, putting the aux switches in where there were never any then wiring it yourself will void the warranty.. If you get the correct harness you won't void the warranty at all.

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can buy the switch panel. The box that mounts on the firewall is a power distribution center (PDC) that the switches are connected to. That PDC has plugs that are attached to it where you would run your accessories. Factory pigtails with plugs are what you hook into, to get your stuff running.

i2297222.jpg

i2295193.jpg

Ram 2500 Kit. Auxiliary power distribution center. [auxiliary switches - i/p - 68209998AC | Myrtle Beach SC (moparpartsinc.com)

Your part number is incorrect for the aux PDC...

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The warranty on the vehicle (as a whole) is not voided by unrelated modifications. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act means that if a manufacturer is going to decline warranty coverage on some particular part of the vehicle because of owner misuse or modification they are obligated to prove there is a connection between the modification and the failure. They can't say your brake caliper failed because of switches in the dash and decline warranty coverage on the whole truck.

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The warranty on the vehicle (as a whole) is not voided by unrelated modifications. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act means that if a manufacturer is going to decline warranty coverage on some particular part of the vehicle because of owner misuse or modification they are obligated to prove there is a connection between the modification and the failure. They can't say your brake caliper failed because of switches in the dash and decline warranty coverage on the whole truck.

Ok,
I think stating a brake caliper is---lets say less than an intelligent post.. It is however implied that we were talking ELECTRICAL so its implied that was what we were referring to..

So if later you talk happen to talk about a paint modification and I opine that it voids your power-train warranty you too would be thinking WTF has this to do with paint as I did with your ******* reply with calipers...

John-Dennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not taken my dash board apart to look yet, I have only the top row of buttons with the lower row blank. If I purchase a new switch panel how will I connect the wires that will go to the relay box? I suspect that there will be blank holes in the terminal plug that I will need to add terminals to. If that is correct, what type of terminals do I need?

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I used the relay box and harness from https://www.4wheelelectronics.com/p...ry-button-relay-assembly-without-button-panel

I bought the correct OEM switchbank that added the Aux switches to my current switches (Tow/Haul and Traction Control), but you can also by a kit from 4wheelelectronics that includes the switchbank. If you have trailer brakes, that switch is a separate module that pops out of your old switchbank and into the new one.

IMG_5524.jpeg

No pinning required, and other than the bear of routing the harness through the firewall, it was pretty much plug-N-play.

es

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I used the relay box and harness from https://www.4wheelelectronics.com/p...ry-button-relay-assembly-without-button-panel

I bought the correct OEM switchbank that added the Aux switches to my current switches (Tow/Haul and Traction Control), but you can also by a kit from 4wheelelectronics that includes the switchbank. If you have trailer brakes, that switch is a separate module that pops out of your old switchbank and into the new one.

View attachment 476295

No pinning required, and other than the bear of routing the harness through the firewall, it was pretty much plug-N-play.

es
Just bought this kit for my 2017 1500. So much easier than what I had planned to do with the upfitter kit! It's in the mail coming to me now!!

dkarstens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i just bought the switch panel and builds the rest with a universal fuse and relay box. the switch part cost me around 150$ (canadian money), the fuse box was 25$, the rest was wiring and relay. the switch part is complicated, you need the part number that go with the year and option of your truck, there is a lot of part number depending if you have headted steering wheel/seat... you will also need the alfaobd software to avtivate the aux switch option in the computer
How exactly did you do this? Can you use the existing plug that plugs into the existing panel or did you have to use something else?

I found the switch panel I need from mopar and the fuse box on Amazon but I'm not sure how the wiring from the existing panel would work.

Thanks

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How exactly did you do this? Can you use the existing plug that plugs into the existing panel or did you have to use something else?

I found the switch panel I need from mopar and the fuse box on Amazon but I'm not sure how the wiring from the existing panel would work.

Thanks
Should just be plug and play as far as the switch panel. I went the other way, removed the Aux swith panel (which was useless to me) and installed one with buttons for the heated wheel and seats. Hardest part was pulling the console apart far enough to swap the bank out. No reprogramming needed though. I still have all the wiring for the Aux switches under the hood, but it doesn't get in the way so left it alone.

bretthays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your truck a 1500? I’m wanting do do this but the document reads as though the wiring to make it all work only exists on 2500 and 3500 trucks. Would you mind sharing the part number for the harness you used and any other info that might help me follow in your footsteps?

bretthays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 476295

es
Ugh, this company basically shows every kit as being out of stock and 4th Gen Electronics seems to have folded up shop… is anyone still selling these harnesses?