adding bluetooth to 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

that va guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I want to add bluetooth to my truck (still excited to say that btw, always had small cars) with the uconnect 3.0...am i best to go with something like this? Amazon.com: [Wirecutter's Pick] iClever® Himbox HB01 Bluetooth 4.0 Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with 3.5 mm Aux Input Jack, Multi-Point Access, Convenient Siri / Voice Activation, Dual USB Car Charger and Magnetic Base Included. Updated Aluminum R

or is there a module that can be added (like the rostra)....and if neither of those, how are so many people running the 8.4? are they cheaper than I've found?

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From what I understand, bluetooth cannot be added as a factory option. You will have to go with the aftermarket kit that you mentioned above. Another option if you wanted to keep it factory, is to get the 5.0 radio, microphone, and steering controls. All will be plug and play, but will be more expensive than the aftermarket kit. Hope this helps!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your ram is a 13 14 or 15 you can add the bluetooth. You need to buy a Uconnect 5.0 or a 8.4 RA3 or RA4 the 5.0 will fit with no modification the RA3 and RA4 8.4 units will require a volume adjustment. You will need to buy the rear view mirror and the harness to connect it. I just did my friends and it works fine. The harness connects to the mirror and goes down the passenger side A pillar and plugs in there. Sorry I am at work or I could give you the part numbers. We paid 40 for the mirror on ebay got the 5.0 for a 130.00 from a wrecking yard and bought the harness from the dealer for 20.00 There are posts on here with it all the part numbers.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Just add one of these like I did: Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

Current price is even cheaper than I got it for, and it does a good job.

Only thing is the stereo needs to be on and turned to AUX for you to hear what's going on. But if you forget that step, they can still hear you. ^_^

The extra step doesn't even bug me anymore. I'm used to it.

It's not factory, and you won't get any of the fancy stuff like having it read your texts, or being able to voice dial (although if you phone does it by itself, that should still work), but it lets you make (manual dialing) and receive calls just fine. Sound quality's pretty good too.