Adding hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanner95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to add more hp to my truck. It's completely stock and except for the magna flow true dual exhaust system on it anything and everything helps thank you

It's a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 84

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check out Moe's Performance on the side of the forum. He has all the goodies you need and want! Matt can inform you on everything you need and he knows his stuff, just look at his rides. More than likely start with a Vararam and a DiabloSport Tuner. Looking at around $950 for those two, but they are worth it. I got the Vararam and saving up for the DiabloSport now. Keep us updated on what MODS you do and post pics! Nice looking truck!

OP
OP
T

Tanner95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the vararam I'm on there website now I e heard good things about the hemifever tune. What's that about

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Vararam is the cold air intake system. You can look at my photos and see mine, it's the big orange thing under the hood :) The hemifever tune is specific for the Hemi. Adds more HP and torque, but you'll only get MAYBE a 1 MPG gain with the fuel if you take it easy. But, if you're out for power, the fuel economy probably isn't your concern! Moe's adds the Hemifever Tune to any DiableSport Tuner you buy. if you buy it from somewhere else it is practically the same price minus the tune, then you have to buy the tune which is like an extra $40-50 I think....So Moe's is the way to go.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Oh and look into a Billet Technology catch can too. Moe's has those. Keeps the oil from being sucked back into your throttle body. Some people don't use them. but if you're wanting to add HP and keep your throttle body clean, I suggest it. I got mine and it has caught a lot of oil in 4k miles.

OP
OP
T

Tanner95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get a ported throttle body too?

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No I did not. My fiancé actually got the Vararam for me and she was going to get it, but I didn't want her to spend that much money. So she bought me custom Oakleys instead haha But I'd get it if I had the money. If you can afford it all at once, might as well. I'll EVENTUALLY have enough saved to get the Tuner and then Exhaust from Matt. Then I want to do a GPS/DVD player, wheels and tires, then the throttle body and headers.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All good suggestions but what are you looking for? Giggle juice is an easy way to add some power if you looking to have fun.............

OP
OP
T

Tanner95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's giggle juice and what's a s/c

OP
OP
T

Tanner95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's giggle juice and what s/c

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nitrous Oxide and a Super Charger.

My first question back is, how much more power do you want?
10HP
50HP
100HP
200HP
300HP

All are possible, just depends how much dough you got or want to spend.

OP
OP
T

Tanner95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanting to put in some money i bought a tuner today but wanting to go further with it

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You say true duels..Is that from muffler back or header back...The duels will help some but more if ya got headers/duels/variram/tb/diablo trinity with hemi fever tune...

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is a throttle body really going to get you anywhere? Every performance tuner I've spoken to, and taken both my WRX and Camaro SS to, has said they are pretty much worthless and don't really have any performance benefit.

Intake, long tube headers, no cats, H or X pipe, back to indivudual mufflers, with a dyno tune is probably the best way to go.

IMO programmers are great, but don't factor in everything. If you want to do it right, mustang dyno!