Adding lights under the rocker panel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckmen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman 6.7 diesel with a 6-speed manual;

I'm adding a few LED light strips under the rocker panels to light up the area for getting in and out and would like to tap into the same circuit as the momentary lighting coming off the dome light and light at the ends of the mirrors. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or has accomplished this upgrade who could give a me a few pointers on a clean install?

Ralph

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman 6.7 diesel with a 6-speed manual;

I'm adding a few LED light strips under the rocker panels to light up the area for getting in and out and would like to tap into the same circuit as the momentary lighting coming off the dome light and light at the ends of the mirrors. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or has accomplished this upgrade who could give a me a few pointers on a clean install?

Ralph

There is wiring going up the A pillar for your dome light. You could run a feed from there down under the dash and then exit through the rubber grommet where the hood release cable goes through the firewall. Since your using LEDs, I don't think the added load would overload the domelight circuit.

You could ground the LEDs to the chassis or firewall. I would make sure to fuse this additional load.

Good luck.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Theres also a connector under steering wheel by emergency brake that u can run it to that how i did mine it fades out and everything

Attachments

• 20150131_073045.jpg
    20150131_073045.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0987.jpg
    IMAG0987.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 124

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Very nice! I think the first guy who posted pics of the ebrake connection shows that it's actually aN LED foot well lighting connector. I will be tapping into mine as well there. I needed it to show the nerf bar as some people seem to miss the bar getting out lol.

I was just getting ready to order the stuff as well as some bed lighting. U guys are all up in my thoughts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank