Adding Rain Sense Wipers with AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will take a picture of my cover, it seems like it would work for your installation. Mine is separate from the main mirror cover and is off to the right.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will take a picture of my cover, it seems like it would work for your installation. Mine is separate from the main mirror cover and is off to the right.
Is this on your Ram? Their covers are incorporated into the mirror bottom (sensor/lens) and top covers (wire harness).

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this on your Ram? Their covers are incorporated into the mirror bottom (sensor/lens) and top covers (wire harness).
Yep, it's on my 2015 Laramie. Mine is completely standalone from the mirror cover. I will get a picture when I get home later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, it's on my 2015 Laramie. Mine is completely standalone from the mirror cover. I will get a picture when I get home later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Great, thank you! Didn't know they did them differently. If it is a separate cover then there might be a part number on it somewhere as well.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I kinda figured. Checking the parts diagrams I cant seem to find any cover for just the rain sensor, but it could just be because Im not quite sure what category to check.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to disappoint but after looking at it closer and looking at the diagrams, what I thought was my rain sensor is actually the humidity sensor (55111389AF). The part number for that cover is 1SU12DX9AA though I don't think that will work for the rain sensor but for $10 it might be worth a shot.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to disappoint but after looking at it closer and looking at the diagrams, what I thought was my rain sensor is actually the humidity sensor (55111389AF). The part number for that cover is 1SU12DX9AA though I don't think that will work for the rain sensor though for $10 it might be worth a shot.
While I was hoping, I figured as much. The humidity sensor cover is too small. I have that as well. The cover needed would have to be 1 1/4” deep by 2 3/8 around. This should be enough to cover the lens base as well. Then some kind of race for the wire harness.

Thanks for looking though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Updated second post

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Updated second post
It might be worth mentioning that the pt2 1500 ATC Humidity Sensor add-on harness that we make only adds the humidity sensor and that folks will need the appropriate Mopar mirror header harness for their year (& possibly tap power for pin 1 of the mirror header harness from the HVAC module at pin 2 ; or with our pt1 ATC Temp Sensor add-on harness).
I believe @Ricks Ram knows the PN for the 2013-2016 1500 trucks and I have some PNs for the 17-18 trucks in the first 2 posts of the DIY mirror thread...
https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1329408

Edit:
Here's the related ATC mod/ Temp Sensor install posts using the Mopar mirror header harness...

STecoD's Install post...
https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1791435

Rick's Install posts
500: https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1767921
512: https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1768485

Ghost Ram's post
https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1814329

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I have a problem and it is all you guys/gals fault. Never have I looked out the window so much waiting for the rain to start. Lol

Had what seemed like nothing but rain for a while and now it is just here teasing me.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got back from a test. Remote started the truck and headed out. With a light drizzle on the windshield the first wipe happened as soon as I backed out the the driveway and shifted into drive. Tested thoroughly at 25, 35, 45 in town and highway speeds of 60 and 70. I can say they perform pretty well and the adjustment settings for the amount of wipe they do on the wiper intermittent knob works well too. Found I prefer the highest setting. When on the highway it started a light rain and went from an occasional wipe to what I would guess would be the intermittent on the highest setting (just below a continuous wipe). Aside from finding/making a cover for this, I'm happy with this upgrade!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very cool. I love "hacking" vehicles to get stuff that wasnt there to begin with.

Granted, we could have all bought our trucks with this stuff already, but for some reason it feels more fun and satisfying to add it ourselves, even if we spend extra money doing it!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very cool. I love "hacking" vehicles to get stuff that wasnt there to begin with.

Granted, we could have all bought our trucks with this stuff already, but for some reason it feels more fun and satisfying to add it ourselves, even if we spend extra money doing it!
Same here and I looking forward to the next time I have to go into the dealer. Except for the part of having to redo all my settings.

I'm not sure how much this is from factory but like you I feel a great sense of accomplishment every time I do something like this.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, some of it I dont think was individual from the factory and some wasnt available depending on trim level so technically we're doing stuff that can't be done :)

Example: the heated seat and wheel package on my Big Horn was a $495 option. I have about that money in parts to get the same thing...obviously it would have been preferable to have it right from the factory with everything brand new, etc. but finding the "just right" truck for a "just right" price would be next to impossible so this is the next best thing.

I did get a good deal on the Smartbeam mirror (for my exact year, no less, so no microphones in it!), I dont know how much that option was from the factory but Im pretty sure Im well ahead of what FCA would charge.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been pretty fortunate as far as cost goes with most of my upgrades. My VP4 is about the only thing I think I paid upper end of average going price. By far my best has been the OEM projectors. One was brand new (few weeks old) and the other didn't have a blemish on it.

I'm just itching to upgrade my seats for heated/vented but other things are taking priority right now. These semi cheap mods will have to do until then. :)