Adding switches to dash? Anyone try this spot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I added a light bar, and a set of orange flashing utility led lights to my truck. I'm trying to come up with a good place to mount the lighted mctuning rocker switches on the dash. I'm down to the only two choices I can find:
1. Below the steering wheel and to the right, above my right knee, there is a blank panel there with some space with nothing behind it I could cut it out and mount the switches.
2. To the right of the gagues, there is a small strip of plastic that looks fairly easy to get out (remove steering wheel cover plastic, then pull that panel which goes around (outside of) the gauges out. Anyone try mounting anything in this location? Anything behind it?

switch location.JPG

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They're a bit pricey, but you could get one of these:

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/shop/switch-pod-for-ram-trucks

switchpod.jpg

-K

OP
OP
Machria

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Wow, that's pretty nice, but looks a bit BIG. Where do you route wires to get up there?

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
I put mine by your left knee. There is little panel below head light dial that is removable and replaceable if you change your mind...

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Exactly where I put mine. Honestly that way if you don’t like it you buy a 30 part and your back to normal

OP
OP
Machria

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I can't use that panel, I have the 8 speed.... that was the first thing I looked at (before reading around here..), poped that off, and found a pull cord wrapped up in there.... ;)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used the panel on the left side of the dash just like monteholic's setup.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use wireless relays and wireless remotes. I run all my wiring back to my under seat storage area so it's easily accessible later if needed. Then just either velcro the remote somewhere or just leave it in the cubby. I only have one remote for my emergency lights for the FD. But, you could really do as much as you wanted.

Last edited: