Adding to a 6" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Higgins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 1500 5.7 4x4 and Im looking to lift it at some point. Could I get bilstein 5100's for the front to level it out for now and then down the road install a 6" lift in conjunction with the bilsteins? Also, any opinions on rough country? Offroading? Longevity/Durability?

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. You can level out the front end of your truck with bilsteins, and then use them in conjunction with a lift kit. There will be many with opinions but the rough country lift is seen by many as a cheaper component, looks only street lift. If your gonna be doing any off roading/wheeling you should look into zone/BDS.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, you can run the Bilstein's on a lifted truck . That's exactly what I did with my 14 Express. I leveled with the Bilstein's and then later down the road I installed a 6" BDS lift and set the front Bilstein shocks up one notch to level the truck. It's been over three years with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk