Adding tow hook to a laraime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hello all has any one add tow hooks to there front bumper I have a 18 Laramie although I like the look of the front I think I want to add tow hooks so eather I buy them on line or I go to a wrecker and pull a set off and repaint them

I know I will have to remove the plastic bumper inserts and mount the hooks. And think else I am missing

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just did this to my 2016 laramie, found a set on letgo for 75 and ordered the plastic fillers off amazon for 35. They are out there if ya wanna save a few bucks or just order from link above.

OP
OP
Toddbigboytruck

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did this to my 2016 laramie, found a set on letgo for 75 and ordered the plastic fillers off amazon for 35. They are out there if ya wanna save a few bucks or just order from link above.
Do you have a pic.

OP
OP
Toddbigboytruck

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you. Will look into it.

2018 Hemi

Reaction score
I contacted Ram corporate office and complained about no hooks on a 2500 Tradesman with snow plow package and they contacted me back and to email them a price from my local dealer and they would pay for them plus installation and they did.. couldn’t believe it

Said to email

OP
OP
Toddbigboytruck

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ill have to take a pic for ya, it looks like any other ram with factory tow hooks! They are factory
Thank you . Watch a YouTube video and it looked hard. He was going to cut holes in the existing inserts I have large hands and well it looked hard to remove the plastic inserts.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you . Watch a YouTube video and it looked hard. He was going to cut holes in the existing inserts I have large hands and well it looked hard to remove the plastic inserts.

Oh no real easy if you get the factory hooks and plastic inserts designed to have tow hooks, took me about ½hr id say

fsClovis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you install these on an Express, the bumper doesn't look like it has inserts?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Can you install these on an Express, the bumper doesn't look like it has inserts?

There was a thread on here about how someone did it. But they had to cut holes in the OEM insert to run the tow hooks through.

2014-ram-1500-express-crew-truck-front-view.png

Last edited:

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab

Buy the kit with the OEM bezels for the tow hooks. A lot easier than trying to cut the holes in the existing inserts. I did it with my Bighorn.

-remove the four 10mm bolts holding the insert in, slide it out from the side.

-slide in the tow hook bezels and reinstall the 10mm bolts.

-remove the nuts for the upper mounts and then slide the tow hooks through the bezel and then onto the bolts, install nuts and torque to specified ft.lbs.

-install the long bolt at the bottom through the rubber grommet and torque to spec.

-Done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat