Additional dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copatlarge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would like to add a second dome light in my 12 ram. It has one near the center of the rear seats, but I'm thinking I want one in front, with the two separate ones. Anyone ever add a second one like this? Know of any good places to score one cheap?

Thanks
Bill

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Junk Yards. Online and local

Dave

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I have a regular cab and wanted more light even though the dome light is above the rear window and not that far away. I found some old under the dash lights I had in my junk stash from year ago. They are old school with incandescent bulbs but work really well. Easy to mount on the lower dash support.
Oddly enough I came across a kit with the same exact lights at AutoZone. Pic attached

The wiring for the factory dome light runs behind the driver’s side w/shield pillar trim and easy is to access.

I don’t know how hard it would be to retro fit an additional factory dome lamp? You could also try an RV supply house. They should have several to choose from.

Attachments

• under dash lights.jpg
    under dash lights.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 200

NUTT00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking into this as well for my CC Express. I have one center mounted, but have been looking at adding a factory one toward the back window as well. I think the hardest part would be fishing the wires from the stock one to the new one, and cutting the hole int he headliner for the new one. I found the oem parts on ebay, just trying to figure how I want to wire it.

OP
OP
Copatlarge

Copatlarge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you wire back into the existing dome light without doing any fuse replacement?

NUTT00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure. I haven't even purchased the parts yet, but I guess will find out when I dive into it.

Cheetah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take pics when you do it, I would be interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuarb87