AEV Procal use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power Wagon group, I purchased an AEV Procal. The only instructions that came with it are very limited. Ihave looked at the AEV website, searched the web and can't find comprehensive directions on how to use the *** thing. I plugged it in. Followed the directions and paired it to the vehicle but then what do you do to change the settings? I moved the DIN pins but truck never goes into some type of programming mode. It just looks normal. The instructions state you might see the changed values on the screen but nothing changes . The truck just stays in the normal screen mode. How do I change the speedometer to calibrate or the TPMS values? I just put 35's on and they don't inflate to 65psi. I'm tired of looking at a yellow light.

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious?

Thanks

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Whatever changes you want to make, you change the dip positions before plugging it into the truck. When you plug it in using the bypass harness (assuming it's plugged in properly), youll hear the truck honk twice once that particular modification has been programmed. You don't flip the dip switches while it's plugged in.

Did you read all the instructions? Theres a spot on the second page of the PDF that says what steps to take to make the changes you want to make.

OP
OP
nail_bender1

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the same booklet that came with the device. Yes I read it 3 times just to ensure I wasn't missing something. My truck honked the first time when I paired the device but nothing after. I unplugged the device each time after turning the truck off then changed the pin switches and plugged it back in. I know the manual states you have to go to the dealer for the TPMS but it also states "although your TPMS screen will show the new values". How do I get to the TPMS Screen. The screen with the 4 tires still states inflate rear tires to 65 psi.

FYI thanks for your help.

dogman1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 and use the AEV Procal.

I believe you still have to go to the dealer to have the TPMS adjusted to your new values. You can't do that without the pin and it seems harder to get the pin from the dealer to DIY. After using the Procal to do my settings, I went to the dealer and they had no issues adjusting my TPMS. I set mine for 50 PSI normal. No light unless I air down for offroad.

Rshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I got the ProCal Snap … worked great. Adjusted my TPMS and tire size. Just make sure you follow instructions exactly or you‘ll get all kinds of codes.

OP
OP
nail_bender1

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got the truck to acknowledge the 50 psi setting but teh light was still on. I made a trip to the dealer last friday and once they did their part it worked. As stated in the manual a trip to the dealer is required for the 2018's.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

MantaRay67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have a ProCal SNAP that I can borrow??
If so, please DM me. I'm happy to pick up if in the Mid-Atlantic or pay shipping (both ways).

Are these locked to a specific vehicle as suggested in their User Guide? I wouldn't think so.

I just can't justify a $225 purchase for a one time use.
With 37s, I'm hoping the poor mileage of 8mpg is because my beast still thinks it's running on 33s.

I've also considered an alternative like AlfaOBD software (+$50) and an MX+ Reader ($118) appears in a similar price range with more functionality.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Are these locked to a specific vehicle as suggested in their User Guide? I wouldn't think so.
Why do you think that's a suggestion? I have the AEV ProCal which is locked to our Power Wagon. Can't be used again on our Ram Cummins without unlocking/disabling it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have a ProCal SNAP that I can borrow??
If so, please DM me. I'm happy to pick up if in the Mid-Atlantic or pay shipping (both ways).

I just can't justify a $225 purchase for a one time use.
With 37s, I'm hoping the poor mileage of 8mpg is because my beast still thinks it's running on 33s.

I've also considered an alternative like AlfaOBD software (+$50) and an MX+ Reader ($118) appears in a similar price range with more functionality.

Suggestions?
Yes, of course they are locked to only one vehicle.

If you knew someone with one, they could unlock it from theirs, load it on yours so you could test it, but then you would have to unlock it from yours to give it back to them.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yup they are locked to a vehicle and on the 2019 and up you need the harness as well.