Q about lifted 1500s w/ air-ride // BDS or AEV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlsbad_CO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello - I have a '14 Laramie w the air-ride suspension that I want to get lifted. The only two lifts I've seen for air-ride are by AEV and BDS. AEV is $1K less than BDS and from what information I could gather works well.

My question is, if anyone has a 4th gen 1500 with air-ride that's lifted.. Would 36" tires fit? (315/70r18)

37"s of course look better IMHO but that may require significant trimming on the rear of the F wheel-well. I just installed a Chassis Unlimited bumper/winch so I hacked the front part off pretty well. I do have the 3.92 gears but am concerned that technical offroading may be affected with the resulting higher gear ratio - and I'm not going to d!ck with changing out the gears. I do pull a 2800 lb off-road square-drop camper sometimes which is not that much of a strain on the 5.7.

The AEV site featured truck does have 37s - but they are BF's so they are 36.6" or so and I am not sure how much trimming was needed for proper fitment.

If anyone has any experience with either of these lifts = thanks in advance for any information

1698170459694.png

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the AEV but I'm not airride. From what I can gather they're more concerned with backspace. The spindles are significantly different than factory. 5.25" is the limit for that lift. The airride is still functional post lift so I'm not sure how that's going to work with that size tire at highway speed when it lowers itself.

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're planning on lifting it anyway, then I'd say now would be the perfect opportunity to ditch the air ride and go with traditional shocks/springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357