AEV snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the AEV snorkel with pre-filter for my 2018 Power Wagon. Anybody do this conversion? I can't find any information on how well it works or what people think about it. I'm a wee nervous about cutting up the fender. But, I figure I could always replace the fender if I wanted to go back to stock--or trade it and get a new PW!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet! Something else to order.
Didn't realize that it was the same part # for the 09-18 Ram 1500's.

Yea, thats crazy considering they are completely different platforms and body styles. Almost dont believe it.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, I don’t want to be raining on the parade, but the OP did want to know what people think about it. I’ve considered these, but what stops me is I never see one on trucks that work in the dirt every day. People like oilfield workers, ranchers, agricultural or conservation officers. Why is that?

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey, I don’t want to be raining on the parade, but the OP did want to know what people think about it.

Good point.

If I had funds, this snorkel would be on the truck right now. They look good, rugged and fonctionnal.
I heard they are good in dirt because they take fresh air so high ( above the dust cloud on gravel roads ).
And if one do a lot of dusty road, the prefilter snorkel actually saves your air filter.

@Buttyman you'll have a sick looking and functional truck.
Can't wait for pics!

:grd:

OP
OP
Buttyman

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the comments. I decided to go for it. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. Drilling 1 inch holes in a good fender is a little nerve wracking! Anyway, it's done and I love it. I have both the ram air intake and pre-filter. I decided to start with the pre-filter. It looked like it would be better at keeping water out. On board air is my next project. I have to let the funds accumulate for a while though.

IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0722.JPG

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Looks great! My truck is a 2 weeks old... cutting into it would be super nervewracking!

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I decided to go for it. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. Drilling 1 inch holes in a good fender is a little nerve wracking! Anyway, it's done and I love it. I have both the ram air intake and pre-filter. I decided to start with the pre-filter. It looked like it would be better at keeping water out. On board air is my next project. I have to let the funds accumulate for a while though.

Nice write up. I was wondering where the air came from on the stock set up.

Will you be lengthening the other breathers or you don't plan on going into deep water.

OP
OP
Buttyman

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice write up. I was wondering where the air came from on the stock set up.

Will you be lengthening the other breathers or you don't plan on going into deep water.
Not planning on raising it. I think it's good enough. Mainly for dirt and dust. The SY-KLONE prefilter is supposed to be excellent at prefiltering the air. It's used on military vehicles. I noticed a distinct change in my exhaust note. It's more noticeable on acceleration.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reminds me this
Imagineering-Disney_muppets-behind-the-scenes-5.jpg

Hammer757

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I'm waiting on AEV to release the snorkel for the newer trucks. Does the air ram option help with performance at all? Increase of more dust/water? What are the pros and cons of the two tops?

Hammer757

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What would be the other breathers to lengthen? I've seen some people on different setups lengthen the exhaust pipe. Not sure when that becomes required. What other areas are you thinking?

Last edited:

dexter

Banned
Reaction score