After Market Tow hitch, which to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILL1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hello All,

So i just picked up a 2021 ram 1500 classic Warlock, but it didn't come with a tow hitch. Is there any tow hitches you all prefer after market, bonus for easy install. Not looking to tow anything significant. It will mostly be used for holding my bike rack when I go camping.

Extra if you can suggest running boards that you trust and are easy to install. Not sure of all trucks come built to have these accessories easily added on.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
You should have the provisions in your rocker panels for step bars. Check. Mine were there and taped off from the factory. Install wasn't bad. I bought wheel to wheel side steps for my 2500 from an Ebay vendor, sorry can't remember the name, but they are stainless steel and holding up well now 4+ yrs in.

As for trailer hitch if you wont be doing much towing, I'd look on etrailer to see what they offer, or Amazon, or a number of online sources.

Curt I believe makes a good one. If your not going to tow heavy a class 3 with a 2" receiver should be good. Most all are bolt on and not bad if you have a helper handy. If. You want to spend a little more for some extra margin, go class 4 or 5.

Personally that's what I'd do, since your already spending the money, just in case the day comes. Also need to think about electric brake control if your going to be over 3k weight towing, possibly a weight distribution hitch agsin depending on what your planning on towing.

Good luck.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
A class 3 or 4 would be plenty of hitch for your truck with the 3.6L. I tend to buy items like this from etrailer.com. They have very competitive prices & excellent customer service. You can look at different hitches on their sight & most of the time they have a video of how to install their products. I have never really heard of one brand being much better than the other. I think the biggest issue with the cheaper brands is they rust much quicker, but with you living in California you shouldn't have that issue.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yo may need the netserts. On my '18 I want to add the middle brackets. There are hex shaped holes that the nutserts go into.
The nutsert, bolts and install "tool" are part number 68193128AB

Not sure if they changed anything up on 5th gen.

OP
OP
I

ILL1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Okay so I actually took my truck to uhaul to have them install the trailer hitch and they said that the 2021 ram classic warlocks has a different mounting process then most classics. They tried two different hitches. So now I am in search of finding one that will actually fit. Has anyone had success on finding an after market hitch that was able to be installed on a 2021 ram warlock. Again I have the 3.6 quad cab with the 6’4 bed.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how can you tell what class your current hitch is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517