Aftermarket Headlock Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to get beadlock wheels to go into my 44s and am coming up short. I prefer Chrome but will settle for polished and didn't matter if steel or aluminum. I want 17s any of you guys running one like this? Even the wheels I sell at my shop the companies don't make them for the 2500.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I am looking to get beadlock wheels to go into my 44s and am coming up short. I prefer Chrome but will settle for polished and didn't matter if steel or aluminum. I want 17s any of you guys running one like this? Even the wheels I sell at my shop the companies don't make them for the 2500.

True beadlock? Hutchinson. Has some cons though.

OP
OP
M

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The cons?

Not Hutchinson specifically, they use an internal locking mechanism. In general, beadlocks are not SAEJ2530 compliant, thus not safe for street use, in particular the ones that clamp down on the tire's outer bead.

OP
OP
M

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not Hutchinson specifically, they use an internal locking mechanism. In general, beadlocks are not SAEJ2530 compliant, thus not safe for street use, in particular the ones that clamp down on the tire's outer bead.
Oh yeah sorry knew they were illegal lol chips around here don't care though

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Hutchinson beadlocks (rock monster) are dot legal.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Oh yeah sorry knew they were illegal lol chips around here don't care though

So many faux beadlocks, I assume most LEOs ignore it or don't know. Probably get a faulty/defective equipment ticket if one ever checked, assuming they know what they're looking at. I read somewhere Hummer H1 and Centerline ICE use internal locking mechanism, GG for street use. Hummer H1 wheel allegedly is a direct fit for Ram 2500, uncertain if issues come with that form, fit, and function.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So many faux beadlocks, I assume most LEOs ignore it or don't know. Probably get a faulty/defective equipment ticket if one ever checked, assuming they know what they're looking at. I read somewhere Hummer H1 and Centerline ICE use internal locking mechanism, GG for street use. Hummer H1 wheel allegedly is a direct fit for Ram 2500, uncertain if issues come with that form, fit, and function.

Pretty sure the backspacing for the h1 wheels are not very good for modern trucks. Re-centering them or changing the offset is common.

OP
OP
M

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I ran real beadlocks on my other power wagon. Cops don't care around here, probably because mall crawling Jeeps have them lol