Aftermarket Puddle Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iMarshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So my parents grabbed a 2015 1500 sport that has all kinds of bells and whistles that my 13 tradesman doesn't have that I'm jealous of...
One of them is the bright ass puddle lights on their mirrors that lit up my whole driveway.
Has anyone done aftermarket puddle lights?
I'd definitely be up for buying some lights for this purpose if y'all can help me figure out how to wire them up to work like the factory puddle lights (come on and off at the right times). I'm guessing there's a relay for this function right??

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can add the factory mirrors to your truck. You need to have the dealer add sales codes LEB and LEC for the blinker and puddle lights to work. After the sales code flash it's a plug and play. Make sure you get mirrors from a 2013 or newer as the temp sensor is in the mirror on the 13 and up Rams.

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to my build sheet my truck was supposed to have them... I think the dealer stripped them when they took it in on trade. I also think they did that with some other parts too... like the rear sway bar endlinks....

I want them also. Anyone have a part number and price to order them or a aftermarket set available?

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My 2010 Laramie had them but my 2013 express does not. I kind of miss them but don't want to spend money on it.
I have these small white led pods lying around so I'm just going to mount them along either side of the undercarriage. Then run wire into the cab and tap into my map lights so they come on with the lock/unlock.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah, definitely made that an easier decision for me. Free leftovers from old project or $300. May not be as nice, but the functionality will be there.

OP
OP
I

iMarshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah, definitely made that an easier decision for me. Free leftovers from old project or $300. May not be as nice, but the functionality will be there.

Likewise... I don't want them bad enough to drop 300 dollars on a set of mirrors; especially to still need to get a stealership to enable them after I have them on lol...

What you're talking about falcon was more what I was thinking; some kind of led pod or cob strip; wired to come on for illuminated entry / door open.
Where would you tie into the map light?

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What you're talking about falcon was more what I was thinking; some kind of led pod or cob strip; wired to come on for illuminated entry / door open.
Where would you tie into the map light?

I've done it before on my friend 09 Ram and what we did was pulled off the A-pillar and tapped into it from there. He had the single dome lighting. I'll probably start there just because it has more room and less wires than working under the dash.
Option B would probably be go check the fuse box for a dedicated cabin light fuse. If there is, I could test it by wrapping a wire around the leg of the fuse, popping it in and running a pod down under to engine bay just to see if it functions as I want.
Worst case I start going through all that dash wiring. Or feed it from behind the dome light.