Help with aftermarket headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeonLeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi! I am fairly new owner of 2002 Ram 2500. Previous owner installed after market headlights that aren't very bright. I'm trying to determine if the problem is with the lights themselves or with the wiring of the truck. Signals and parking lights work fine. On low beam setting the round central light only comes on. On high beams the inner most light (right hand side in picture) only comes on. Is this how they are supposed to work? I would have thought that on the high beam setting both the round and the inner beam would come on. Markings on the lights say they are Eagle Eyes but I can't find any installation instructions on line to help determine how they should be working or if they are wired correctly. Is anybody out there familiar with these lights and can help me determine what bulbs come on when on low vs high beam? Thanks in advance.

headlights 2.jpg

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is incorrect. When you flip between the two, only the appropriate light is on - so high beams is high beams only, and low is low only. The light system on your truck is an aftermarket LED light. You can put your VIN in here and see what your truck was originally equipped with: Dodge/RAM/JEEP equipment listing.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The functioning is correct. Most aftermarket lights do not have good light output. There are very few brands that will offer improved light output they will be much more expensive than most brands.

if you want a brighter option check these out

let me know if you would like a quote

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2018 with factory projectors, both bulbs light when on high. Per my build sheet: Bi-Function Halogen Projector H/Lamp
Haven't seen that. I have factory LEDs, and when I flip to high, the LED low beams turn off and the high beam Halogen turn on.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '21 Warlock with projector headlights has the low beams on at the same time as the high beams.

It came stock with halogen 9005s for both low & high beams which I have upgraded with Fahren LED bulbs.

It is remarkably brighter with the LED bulbs.

Haven't seen that. I have factory LEDs, and when I flip to high, the LED low beams turn off and the high beam Halogen turn on.

You have factory LED low beam together with halogen high beams? That sounds like an unusual combination.