air bags kit for 3/5 lowered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sup guys i just lowered my truck the other day with belltech 2/4 econo kit modded to 3/5 i might be lower than 3 in front since i cut 1 full coil in front and 2 full coils in rear!

truck feels alright it just bottoms out alot in the rear and wife is getting upset about it (she mostly drives it) so i was reading around and found that some of u guys use the air helper kits but where can i find them? and how hard are they to install? and do they help or get rid of the rear end bottoming out?

any of u guys have pics of them? im really interested in them and would appreciate any more info about them thanks guys!

TheBeej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you cut out the factory bump stops? Most guys from what I have read cut the factory stops off and replace them with some from energy suspension or Belltech.

Brandon

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want some airbags, contact the guys at Airlift with the diameter and length of your rear coils and they can tell you which kit will work for ya. I did this for my ride and it worked out well.

Turblown03

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only went down 4" in the rear and I used my same Airlift kit that originally was in the stock springs. So far so good, but they do look a little bunched up in the spring with no air. I pull a 20' enclosed so when I tow I throw about 35-40 psi in the bags.. LOL

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you haven't done it already, remove the rear bump stop cups, that will give you 2" more clearance. I would also bolt in a set of 1.5" progressive bump stops in the same location to prevent damage to the frame/axle.

If you want air bags I've been doing a lot of looking into them myself and there are 2 types: helper bags and spring replacement bags. The problem with most helper springs is they replace the factory bump stops and with the lowered trucks there isn't enough clearance to mount and plumb everything without raising the back end up, so the spring replacement kits are the best way to do it on the rears albeit the more expensive way. I had a set of the in-spring airbags and I wasn't impressed with them at all with the drop springs.

Hellwig makes a really nice kit that can be manually inflated or a complete on-board compressor system.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moes Performance sells the Air Lift Helper Bag kits for stock and lowered trucks. I've yet to install mine but it doesn't look to be that hard of an install. Aslong as you got a car jack, stands & tools. You should be good and they are supposed to help stop the bottoming out.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
All the ones Moes sells are the in-spring helper bags. Being that I'm a 4/6 dropped 4wd the in-spring bags are a no go as I only have 1/4" gap between the bump stop cup and axle pad and the rear is still 1/2" higher than the front. A proper air spring allows me to have a drive height and a static height.