AirLift 5000 opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Does anyone have the AirLift 5000 series kit installed on their RAM? I can’t stand rear squat and I tow a ski boat multiple times a week. I tried the Timberen bushings that replace the bump stops and they were WAY too harsh while towing (I felt like I was driving a 3500 it was so stiff).

I took some measurements and i only have about 1/2” of rear squat with the boat hooked up, so it’s really not that bad. It just drives me nuts knowing it’s there.

I like the Air Lift 5000, kit but I want to get some opinions from others because you have to cut the stock bump stop mounts off, so there is no going back. Not to mention I’d need to do some additional fabrication since I have the MOPAR 2” lift (the lower bump stop spacer would need a bit of modification).

Any first hand feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Imho it's a 1500 and you only have 1/2 squat the 1000s will do what you want. If you are set on them I think they sell spacers for lifted trucks and I thought I read somewhere that the new kit doesnt require cutting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Until recently, I used the Timber Groves. After my poor customer service experience with Air Lift 1000s, I chose not to buy their products anymore.

I removed the Timer Grove units now that I'm close to trading in my 2014, they're for sale in the For Sale section, but they're for a 4th gen, unfortunately. Won't fit your truck. However, Timber Grove Enterprises still makes a lot of good kits on their website.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Imho it's a 1500 and you only have 1/2 squat the 1000s will do what you want. If you are set on them I think they sell spacers for lifted trucks and I thought I read somewhere that the new kit doesnt require cutting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

there is nothing on their website that shows an available spacer for the 1000 series to accommodate my lift.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Calling it fabrication is a far stretch. However there are options for what you want. the easiest way if your not interested in our input would be to ask airlift since they are infact the manufacturer that makes the products your looking for.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The reason I asked is for input, specifically on how people like the 5000 airlift system. You were the one who suggested the 1100hd system... and unfortunately it will not work with my lifted truck. You than posted the spacers as a solution, but they only work on the 5000/7500 airlift products. I’m not sure why you’re getting snippy.

even those generic spacers won’t really work on my application. If you had a MOPAR lift and simply climbed under the rear axel and looked at the lower bump stop plate , you’d see what I’m taking about.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was showing you the 1000hd bags so you could see no cutting or no going back not required.

I also showed the spacers if you were set on the 5000 bags which is no where near fab required.

Again not to sound like an ass but the easiest way is to ask airlift. 5000 bags 1 are gonna be overkill and wasted money.
They require no more fab work with spacer than they do to Install in the first place.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They require no more fab work with spacer than they do to Install in the first place.
You are simply wrong. The lower bump stop spacer that comes with the MOPAR lift kit is not the same shape as the stock lower bump stop plate. The AL 5000 bag mounts specifically to an angled portion of the stock lower bump stop plate that doesn’t exist on the lift kit spacer plate. I would have to weld a plate at the same angle as the stock plate to allow the bag to be mounted. Welding to me is fabrication.

LFHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco
I have the AirLift ProSeries PN: 93365 pair with their 74000ez on my 2019 Classic Laramie Crew Cab ecodiesel short bed. I tow a 7x12x7 v-nose tandem axle weighing around 6200lbs, daily. I also have a Fastway 8" adjustable hitch, since i'm no longer squatting, so I can keep my trailer leveled out.

This system is fantastic and being able to use their wireless system with either the remote in the truck or with their phone app is awesome. I highly recommend it.

I also have a 2017 Tradesmen crew cab ecodiesel with stock suspension and I will never tow without an air system again.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good info