AlfaOBD or Appcar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadBoss2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 , 2010
Engine
Is there a list of definitions or specifics about all the possible change that can be changed using those software ?
Like exact meaning of acronyms
What is output # xx is set for
Also on AlfaOBD , I don't see the list of possible data to read under (Plotted Data)
this does not see clear to me
Is there a user manual?
Thanks !!!
Edit :
These acronym :Ignition RUN/ACC and SPAD , Ignition RUN/ACC and PAD
I do see some of those numbered output have a pull down menu with a given option , those are easy.
But sometimes the menu has acronym .
Edit : #2
I found a pdf file with a list of acronym for module name .

Attachments

• Chrysler-Modules.pdf
    295.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
AlfaOBD is a tool for accessing various computer modules on FCA vehicles. There are probably a 100 or so models and each model has a dozen or so computer modules. Each computer module has hundreds of parameters that can be changed. The task of documenting all of that would be monumental. So yes it is somewhat trial and error. The AlfaOBD thread on this site attempts to document what can be changed by gathering all the various trials and errors folks have made with the tool.

The DealerConnect system and other high end systems have more documentation and step by step procedures. However access to them is limited to dealer's or in the case of third party tools by paying thousands of dollars. What you are looking for simply doesn't exist in a $50 tool.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alfaobd > everything else but it isn’t easy to use. If you only need to make a few changes, try finding someone local to you in the Facebook groups that can do it.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a list of definitions or specifics about all the possible change that can be changed using those software ?
Like exact meaning of acronyms
What is output # xx is set for
Also on AlfaOBD , I don't see the list of possible data to read under (Plotted Data)
this does not see clear to me
Is there a user manual?
Thanks !!!

Like chri5k said, the AlfaOBD thread on Ram Forum is the place to learn more.

If you read the thread while making notes and copying the links in the post numbers for reference, you can decide for yourself if it's worth owning or trying to borrow.

I personally would never use an Android device on a wireless connection to make critical changes to my truck.

I'm retired now but spent my entire career working in the Telecom industry. I use AlfaOBD for Windows on a laptop with an OBDLink Sx USB interface.

Fast and easy to make changes, backups, screen shots, and records of changes

That said, many people use AlfaOBD with their Android phones or tablets on a wireless interface and I haven't heard too many horror stories. :cool:

OBDLink Sx is $75 at Amazon.ca whereas the commonly used wireless OBDLink Mx+ is >$200.

The best part about AlfaOBD is its very popular and you will find lots of support here or on many other websites.

Ram Forum is much better though and would always be my first choice for assistance with anything Ram related. :cool:

Last edited:

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Once you get the hang of it AlfaObd is a great tool. Yes there is no set manual to follow, but there are a lot of Great People here who are willing to help you figure it out. I have enabled a few options my truck that my service dept advisor wanted to charge me for and a few that he assured could be enabled. Imagine his surprise.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
And whatever you yo do, MAKE A BACKUP with AlfaOBD of YOUR current configuration. Makes it real easy to back out any changes that didn’t go right.

There are a number of threads where people are looking for the stock configuration of a 20xx XYZ truck. The chances of someone having your exact configuration and a back up are slim to none.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see the OP has a 2005. Not sure if AlfaOBD provides much for a 2005 model.

OP
OP
R

RoadBoss2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 , 2010
Engine
Guys I found a pdf file that lists a lot of module and acronym .
Probably not complete but it is a start.
I attached it in main thread.

OP
OP
R

RoadBoss2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 , 2010
Engine
I see the OP has a 2005. Not sure if AlfaOBD provides much for a 2005 model.
Yes , 2005 not much to do with aftermarket scanner or special program like AlfaOBD or Appcar .
But I also have a few LX car I am tweaking need all the knowledge I can about AlfaOBD.