ALFAOBD to delete Active grill shutters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Truck got hit by a flying tonno cover and smashed the grille/cracked the active grille shutter frame. I pulled it and checked the motor (no slats were popped out) and the motor sounded like it was clicking and very easy to move... perhaps something broke inside? I want to delete the active grille shutter completely and thought about moving the motor out of the way and doing the AGS mod to keep the PCM happy... however I keep throwing codes for the AGS so I assume the motor itself is shot causing the code. If the motor is bad It won't ever stop and thats why I keep getting the code so there is no point in trying to relocate the motor if its the problem. I have reset and played with the AGS a few times and it buys me a few days to a week or so. Annoyingly you can't get the motor by itself and the whole system is like $500-800... and I don't even want it. Once the code is tripped and I get the check engine light I lose my ability to remote start the truck which can be a PITA when its 0*F outside. This AM it went off again on my way to work and I've had enough. Since my truck is a 2018 I picked up the security bypass harness and the recommended blue tooth dongle. I wanted to purchase the ALFAOBD app for an old android tablet or I can do it for my windows 10 computer.

My question is has anyone deleted the AGS system with ALFAOBD? I can't find anything via search on this forum or google... most get it deleted "in a tune" or remote mount the motor and do the AGS mod. Has anyone done it and how did you do it? Scared to be poking around in ALFAOBD in my daily.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963