Alpha Rex or morimoto xb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’ve been looking at getting some new headlights for my 2500 and I thought about going with the new amber drl morimotos especially with these black Friday deals and I would like to go with an amber theme on my truck but Ive also been looking at the alpha Rex luxx series. Does anyone have experience with these what would be your choice and why. I’m really looking for some good light output. I’ve seen the new morimotos are supposed to have upgraded leds from the previous white drl ones is that true?

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I can vouch for Morimoto. I had their revised XB headlights (with amber reflectors) for three months before selling them and I had no issues whatsoever especially since the "parking light out" issue that is very common when switchbacks are installed can be a very infuriating issue to deal with. It's a little pricey and maybe you can do better, but for a plug-and-play set they are worth it. Light output is fine (depends from people to people) for 5000K.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’ve been looking at getting some new headlights for my 2500 and I thought about going with the new amber drl morimotos especially with these black Friday deals and I would like to go with an amber theme on my truck but Ive also been looking at the alpha Rex luxx series. Does anyone have experience with these what would be your choice and why. I’m really looking for some good light output. I’ve seen the new morimotos are supposed to have upgraded leds from the previous white drl ones is that true?
So what I’ve found is alpharex supply halogen bulbs to keep their prices lower. They are both great options. @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with a set of alpharex and @Underground Lighting can set you up with led bulbs for them. Use our vendors they hook it up

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We can set you up for either brand and even some other brands. Output from both brands is very good. They both offer quality products. Message me if you would like a quote.

OP
OP

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So the morimotos make the truck have a parking light issue message?
I though alpha Rex sold some of their lights with leds like the luxx and nova series line ups?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I though alpha Rex sold some of their lights with leds like the luxx and nova series line ups?
The Alpharex Luxx and Nova series are built in LED High and Low beams.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I can vouch for Morimoto. I had their revised XB headlights (with amber reflectors) for three months before selling them and I had no issues whatsoever especially since the "parking light out" issue that is very common when switchbacks are installed can be a very infuriating issue to deal with. It's a little pricey and maybe you can do better, but for a plug-and-play set they are worth it. Light output is fine (depends from people to people) for 5000K.
Why did you decide to sell them, and what are you running now? I'm trying to decide between the XB headlights or swapping my FX-R 3.0 retrofit for some MLED 2.0 projectors.

bigdodge

Reaction score
I have the morimoto and had ones issue with water intrusion. Messaged nick@gotexhaust on a Sunday mind you and had a reply in less than an hour. He had me a replacement shipped within a few days. Love my morimoto but whatever you decide give Nick a shot. His prices ares usually really good, and his customer service IS the best!

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Why did you decide to sell them, and what are you running now? I'm trying to decide between the XB headlights or swapping my FX-R 3.0 retrofit for some MLED 2.0 projectors.
I wasn't really much into the style. The whole assembly being black on a truck with some chrome trims around didn't work out for me. Works best if truck is a mono color. I've recently had some quads retrofitted with the MLED 2.0 that was done by Retroshop.

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So the morimotos make the truck have a parking light issue message?
Not at all! Certain Ram year models like mine tends to be finicky when switchbacks are installed (they don't like the parking lights going off). The headlights came with resistors built into them, so it was really just installing them and you're good to go.