Alpine system upgrade consensus?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm wondering if there is any sort of consensus on upgrading the individual components of the alpine system in the 1500.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sorry i just assumed the stock upgraded alpine system was not very good and figured there might be a consensus on better replacement speakers for the individual components.

Thx

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sorry i just assumed the stock upgraded alpine system was not very good and figured there might be a consensus on better replacement speakers for the individual components.

Thx
I know its been discussed at length but I don't have a thread to point you to. If you search Audio and Electronics sub forum you should get the info you need.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know its been discussed at length but I don't have a thread to point you to. If you search Audio and Electronics sub forum you should get the info you need.

I have searched but didn't quite find anything specific to the alpine setup. I wasn't sure if the alpine had different speakers either in size or placement over the stock setup.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have searched but didn't quite find anything specific to the alpine setup. I wasn't sure if the alpine had different speakers either in size or placement over the stock setup.
I don't think they differ in size but they are in a few more places than the base speaker setup and if I'm not mistaken require a specific ohm rating.

This thread should help...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17770&share_type=t&link_source=app

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel

Search again in the Audio & Electronics subforum. If you search for Alpine Upgrade, there's a bunch of threads detailing sizes and what components people are using.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
For the front dash i went with these

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF3022CFX-Reference-Speakers-Edge-driven/dp/B01E4JWG6I

They improved the highs alot, i did all 3 dash speakers so i bought 2 sets and sold the one extra on this forum.

I also replaced the rear doors but that made the rears to high so i dont recommend this.

Next im adding a 12" sub and alpine amp cause i have the stuff from last truck, should punch alot harder then factory 8" sub.

I see you have a 2021 so idk if this stuff fits lol thats what i get for reading this on a phone where i dont see that stuff unless i turn it sideways lol

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is it OK to piece meal it all together plug and play and go as the money comes in? I.E. whatever size in dash just replace then front door size and just replace ect ect. Or is it best to do a package all out and all new upgrades in? I'm not up on audio stuff so i assume you can just take out old stuff and replace with better stuff as long as it's same size.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I talked to Crutchfield and this is what they built up for me...

Rockford Fosgate T400-4
JL Audio C2-600 x2 front and rear
Rockford Fosgate P300X1
Focal P 20 FSE

All the necessary wires and what not.

Does that sound like good stuff?

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Respectfully, You need to start at... what do YOU want and like. I'm probably in the minority but I absolutely love my Alpine set up. It's very balanced, transparent and neutral. It's not far off the sound I have in my home system and I consider myself a sound snob. One of my hobbies is AV stuff and I built all of the speakers in my home set up. Within its range and up to a certain volume the truck system keeps pace. Honestly, I was stunned and I did NOT want the Alpine system at all.... but I couldnt get the truck trim level without it. Now, all of that said, the single biggest limiting factor for me is the freaking rattles in the door panels, subwoofer housing and wherever else they are emanating. I do not listen as loud as I might because I already know the rattles will destroy the experience but this is absolutely no fault of the Alpine setup. It is a limitation of the truck and my reticence to do a lot of work buttoning it all down. I did it at home.... not going there again. I have a couple friends that are likewise sound quality ****** and they assumed I worked some magic on the truck system. No such thing.... besides a relatively short tweaking sessions with the limited adjustments the system offers. It really is THAT good to my ears... within its performance parameters. But again I prefer a neutral, balanced sound. Ymmv... but be SURE you need a new system before you run out and get one. If the rattle induced distortion is what prevents you from enjoying the Alpine, a new system likely wont help.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thx for the post.

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages from stereo shops so who knows. I just like getting things all lined up before hand so when the times comes I can just put it all together at once.

I have a call with another shop so we will see what they have to say.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
There are varying opinions on the Alpine system in the Ram. I am quite happy with mine and like to listen to my hard rock loud. Others would disagree and tell you the system is substandard.
I agree with you. I'm a rock and roller and I can play mine loud enough to make my ears ring. I've always been impressed with mine and I like it as loud as it can go without distortion when I'm by myself out on the road without bothering others.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Surprisingly enough a couple places habe said to just leave it alone maybe upgrade the sub/speakers. With that being said and several guys here saying same thing maybe I just let it ride.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not at all what I would be going for but if you're into car shows and stereo competitions then maybe it works for them.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Go on youtube, search for 5star car audio. Search thier vids for ram, one fogged one is the kenwood 6x9 componets in the ram.
The oem systems are garbage, especially once you've heard even a basic replacement system. It takes very little to blow the "premium" oem systems out of the water.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I watched some of their stuff thx.

Most videos are all about NON factory amplified systems unfortunately lol.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The last few responses pretty much prove my point.... what do YOU hear? Are you changing it out because someone else tells you it's not a good sound to you ( not sure how that works). To give more credence to my post. My home system consists of 3 pairs of Jeff Bagbys Continuums speakers, look them up and the reviews for them. They replaced a set of statements monitors (you can review those as well) they are all VERY well reviewed. The power for the system is a Denon 4520ci receiver, the source an Oppo 105. I have two near field 15" sealed subs driven byb1200 watts of power. I name drop for a reason. This is all considered to be at least GOOD gear. I KNOW what I hear and in my search for good sound I have gone through many, many well reviewed systems and components. I would not argue any ones opinion regarding the Alpine system. Are there better systems? Undoubtedly. Do YOU need one and will YOU even like it? Only YOU will know and only YOUR opinion matters. Everything else is information to draw from. What I will dispute is that the Alpine system is garbage and is easily bested by ANY basic "upgraded" system. I have heard, used and purchased many an upgrade to realize that the upgrade was in fact garbage. If your only thought is to get different well then it's a no brainer. Better is subjective and relative... and it starts with YOU. Best bet might be to actually hear a system you are considering and then you have a good starting place for comparison. Different isnt always better... it MAY be... but it will always be at the very least different